Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Update - 40 Before 40 List

Since I started this in 2009 I've made a little progress with this list.
Now depending you talk too, the fail(s) could be seen as completed, as I tried to accomplish them.
You decide for yourself.

45 Tasks.
Completed - 19
Failed - 6
Remaining tasks - 20 (actually 15 if i didnt have any spares)

In no particular order….and three years to get it done


1. Get a passport
2. Cook lasagna from scratch DONE
3. Weigh in at 135 lbs.- riiiiiiiiiiight, still working on this one
4. Save up an emergency fund of $5000 - Savings has started
5. Buy a newer car (mid SUV) within 6 years of the current year.
6. Move to the island Fail .Not by the time I'm 40, but it will happen.
7. Buy a king size bed
8. Create Sunday dinners w/family/closest friends Fail - no one was interested.
9. Buy a Barbeque
10. Be part of a creative photo shoot. (July 2009)- Fail - opted out.
11. Get an enhanced drivers license
12. Learn to snowboard (I’ve lived in Vancouver my whole life never gone)*gasp*
13. Conquer the Grouse Grind again under 1.15 hours
Just not interested in putting my body thru that again. = Fail.
14. Go snowshoeing
15. Spend considerable more time by the ocean.
16. Join a gym and attend (June 2,2009) DONE
17. Buy my first set of golf clubs
18. Get my teeth whitened
19. Buy my first camera!!!

20. Learn about personal financing and get mine under control.DONE - Work in progress with Smart Cookies, Vancouver based Company, Finance for women by women.

21. Picnic more often, I'm surrounded by parks and ocean

22. Be a softer woman. Let men wear the pants and be men. - Work in Progress
23. Go kayaking (again, surrounded by water, you'd think I'd be more active, use to be)

24. Buy all new camping gear
25. Gave me an idea for future entries.. list all my first date activities. Blog idea

26. Tell my friends/family I LOVE THEM at the end of EVERY phone call. DONE (a constant process)

27. Buy a printer/scanner for home

28. Go to the Cabin in Kitimat,BC Done (Sept 2009)

29. Be more consistent as a person. Manners, calmness etc. Work in progress - On going.

30. Go to the dentist.
31. Update wardrobe to be more stylish/professional. - Work in progress
32. Make the effort to seriously smile more (whether its random or intentional)- Work In Progress
33. Donate blood more often. This is going to be a FAIL as I've had, and having surgery.
34. Learn how to paint my apt.
35. Stop needing acceptance from my siblings Done! Amazing the freedom I have now.
36. Do more things for myself that make me happy.
37. Improve my flexibility with yoga. Up to twice a week now. Done - on going
38. Do 10 full push ups in a row.
39. Love freely without the fear of being hurt.(enough said D)-DONE - moving forward just not as afraid anymore. 
40. Send post cards of Vancouver to family back east. (who doesn’t love getting post cards
Spares

41. Build a network of professional contacts. DONE & On going
42. Take a photography class. - Fail, not interested until I buy a camera
43. Frame pictures of family & friends. DONE
44. Get my eyes examined. Feb 2010 DONE
45. File 2008 taxes DONE

7 comments:

  1. Good going - I'm seeing lots more blue than red! This list idea is a good one - I might borrow it sometime (the idea, I mean, not your exact list!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list and it's got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gentlemen!
    I love having male readers!

    Welcome aboard Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list. Keep it up. I may have to steal your idea and do a 30 by 30 list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? No passport? I pictured you the world travel kind of gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I wish! I like to think I'm worldly, but without the travel. lol

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...