Life Begins at 30ty has this great idea
She has propose a secret Santa of blogging.
She will throw all names that volunteer into a hat and assign each person to another blogger.
You come up with a topic/question that you want them to write about.
This should result with some really interesting posts.
I'm already excited and stressed about writing outside my own little bubble.
Stay tuned I'm sure things will be comical.
Painting my apartment? HA!
I've been saying that for the last 7 years. I've picked out colours many many times, although I do not know the first thing about painting. All I keep hearing is that its the easier thing to do, BUT, there is always a 'but' it's very time consuming.
I have to do this. Revamp my apt to reflect that a somewhat stylish almost 40 yr lives there and that it's not just an apartment serving it's purpose of a roof over my head. I'll probably cry at some point then look back and wonder why I was being such a huge pansy about it.
Re-entered the POF life of dating.
Can it be called dating, since many don't get to that point and more never get past the first date.
I decided over the weekend to take my own single hood into my own hands again. Not sure this is a smart idea yet as my prior track record is not that of anything to be proud of.
Saturday I sent a few messages out, all were read and one was read/deleted.
A few replied and one skipped the whole message thing all together and IM me.
IM chat was okay, then he asked me to call him. At midnight after he'd been out drinking with friends.
Um, ya, NO.
No conversation that starts at midnight on a Saturday is going to be held by a gentleman.
I explained why I wasn't comfortable calling him and it could wait til the following day.
Phrases like "don't you trust me?" were thrown about. I laughed with replies of "No, I don't trust you, I don't know you lol" keeping it all very light.
After 30 mins of chatting online I decided I would call him, from my private blocked number.
Conversation is good, easy. He's obviously educated and can bounce onto many topics.
Then it happens. "What is your sex drive like?" he asked in all seriousness.
Before I can reply and pick my mouth up off the floor, he goes on to tell me how he needs sex and that his last g/f was a prude. Annoyed that I had predicted this conversation before it started I humoured him with a vague response that should have been enough. "I like sex and everything that has to do with it".
He wasn't impressed. He wanted details, positions, fantasies etc. I refuse to dignify it with a response.
He laughed and said I was "too proper" and that we were both adults etc.
I laughed telling him could call me during week if he wanted to talk like adults.
Discussions about sex are okay if you're both willing but at this point its too early in the game for me since I'm not looking for casual hook ups.
More to follow, I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I think the Secret Santa idea is fabulous. As for the painting, yes it does take some time, but I would really recommend just hiring a professional, unless you can convince someone you know to do it. I have done enough painting with my dad to know that the difference between making it a painful or painless experience is just that experience.
ReplyDeleteAs to the boy you talked to, it just reaffirms my belief that all forms of etiquette have gone out the window. Look lame men children out there a woman is not a prude if she maintains her dignity and follows her gut as to what she will or will not tell you. Goodness, well good luck with all that.
I"m already pricing out a painter. A friend of a co worker, we'll see what he costs and go from there.
ReplyDeleteOnline dating is proving to only be good for short term needs aka hooking up.
I've met gentlemen before, but it's far and few between. I love how men will tell me that I'm a prude, too proper etc, after reconfirming them that I'm not looking to hook up, which my profile clearly states. Why waste my time trying to convince me I'm wrong about what I want to serve your 5 mins needs?
Remind me again why I'm doing this?
Is dying alone that bad?