Monday, 23 August 2010

Update - Yasmin Birth Control - Side effects, already?

I've been on this pill a week now, and although I like the very noticeable "barely there" womanhood gift, I'm already experiencing side effects or at least I think I am.

Coincidence? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Recap: I'm over 35, have hypothyroidism, and 60 lbs over weight.
Aside from that I"m healthy.

In the past week:
-My breasts have been tender to the point of making me cranky all week. Sore to touch when in the shower.
-I've been crying way-too-easily in the last couple days. (Woes is me week or the pill?)
-I'm also wearing my glasses more often as I'm finding I'm slightly blurred more than usual.
(Maybe overtired?)
-Finding it increasingly harder to fall asleep at a normal time. 2-3am on a week day is not normal when you get up at 530am.
-Constant mild headache. (Due to blurred vision or the pill?)

So what are the chances that all this started happening the same week I started taking the pill?

I decided to do more reading on Yasmin side effects and keep getting bounced to these terrifying sites.
Ones that say if you experience one or more of the following you're at an increase risk of experiencing SERIOUS OR DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS.

um ya, remind again why I'm taking this pill?

At the moment I'm seriously considering not even chancing it and just stopping the pill.
Really is a little face acne @ almost 40 worth what could be long term side effects?

Can you just stop taking the pill or should I finish the cycle?

Now on one of these sites, it did say all women experience side effects at different rates.
Some right away, some in time, some may never. 

Question:
Do I stop asap or give it this package to see if anything/everything subsides.

In addition the Rentiol topical creme and penicillin seems to be doing wonders.

2 comments:

  1. I think it usually takes about a month for the pill to work. Sometimes things can settle down after a while too. Mine used to make me super hungry. If it's too much you can also ask your dr for a different kind. Usually you can switch to one that works for you. You are putting foreign hormones in your system though, so bound to have some symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I know that but I needed to hear it from someone else.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...