Thursday, 16 December 2010

2010 Jan - Dec Recap

January:
*Was pretty uneventful, aside from being licked from neck to temple, by a random stranger outside a country bar while standing in line for hot dogs while my friends pointed and laughed at me.
None of which came to my rescue.
*Had my best friend of 23 years move in with me November 2009. It's been an interesting time. Slowly turning into a saga.
*Recovering from breaking up with the Douche Bag after a long on/off again 13 years.

February:
*Vancouver, BC, Canada hosted the Olympics and we won the gold in men's hockey on the last day and the last event of the week.
*Decided to apply for a volunteer position at a local town museum.

Sound of Vancouver when Team Canada wins Men's Gold in Hockey

March:
*Had writers block and invited people to write on my behalf. Had no takers.

April:
*Discovered a close friend had a blog for the last couple years and never bothered to mention it.
Offended at first, but got over it upon reading her work.  Excellent writer, as much as she is a person.

May:
*Got out of debt! (then got right back into debt a few months later).

*Really having issues with the best friend living with me.
Her unemployed b/f and the lies I slowly learned about. (Financial stability, taking advantage of me, taking over my whole apt, her b/f thinking, she the house guest, had more pull and say than I, the one that pays the rent, the bills, grocery bills, and makes it possible for both of them to avoid adulthood and life in general). No I'm not still bitter about that, can't you tell?

*Still think men are stupid for the most part.
*Got the position I applied for at the museum.
Only if I could have foreseen the crazy that would attach itself to me a few weeks later.
*Fell in love with the rain.
*With all the negativity surrounding me, I manage to pull through and take the higher road on a lot of things.
*Asked the house guest to move out upon her acting weird and sneaky, disappearing for weeks at a time with no word as to when she might return.

June:
*Surrounded by stupidity.
*Learned that men have very different views of what cheating is and isn't.
*Was depleted of all energy from the childish ongoing drama the house guest injected into every minute, hour, day, week, month of every waking hour. Still tried to take the higher road and find the good in everything. It became increasingly harder.
*Seriously started questioning whether I even wanted to be friends with her anymore after 23 years.  Questioned the history we had and wondered if it was enough.

July:
*Went to the Island for 10 days, injured myself, and discovered my friend over there went from being corporate to granola.
*Douche Bag released me from his thoughts.
*Changed the blog name.
*Decided if I couldn't beat the house guest by taking the higher road, then she deserved to be fucked with a little bit. Gave her an indirect taste of her own medicine.
*Decided to end my friendship with the house guest, or at least put some distances between us.
*Learned she moved out while I was at work, no phone call, etc and later learned she was still entering the apt, until I changed the locks.

August:
*Updated my list of 40 things to do before turning 40.
*Lasted 9 days on Yaz. Birth control is not for me.
*Just a woes-is-me month, or more of a emotional melt down releasing all the bad energy I dealt with for the last 11 months.

September:
*General ramblings about whatever made me laugh that month.

October:
*Was defriended by someone  who I was questioning their loyalty.
*Hot tubs and turkey.
*Scored a huge deal on a new pullout couch, king size bed and more recently a big screen TV.
*The Museum crazy has attached herself to me. Officially.
*My Favorite Uncle passed away.

November:
*Limited by the constant annoyances of people in general.
*Had a horrible allergic reaction.
*Become consumed by the daily actions of/for/by Museum Crazy C.
*Hosted a dinner with friends, for friends. Huge success!
*Health checkup - making some small changes for a greater/bigger picture. Sans Sugar.

December:
*Had no heat for 10 days during an Arctic snap.
*Fighting with the landlord aka slumlord in the making.
*Hate womanhood.
*Missed my period.
*Changed my thyroid meds.
*Decided the stars are off kilter.
*Experienced a night outside my comfort zone with a new crowd of people. None of which will make it into my regular group of friends.

All year long, received excellent advice from those I considered my devoted stalkers, A.K.A. The Blog-O-Sphere Family.

5 comments:

  1. First of all - wow what a year, I don't think I have the courage to do that kind of wrap up but now I kind of think I should.

    As a stalker/blog-o-sphere family member - Merry Christmas and I sure hope that this year is full of less drama, more of the attention you deserve and a decent non-licking man (eww), unless you want him to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. S&P - MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    It has been a year of wow. But nothing I couldn't handle. I'm sure there was a reason for all the drama, I'm just not sure what it is....yet. There were a lot of great times in 2010 but I never really posted about them. That will change in 2011.

    Next year will be what it will be. I will make a point of posting more about the great stuff, no matter how minor it may be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea for a post (I would copy it but I'm not sure I want to replay my 2010 too much!) Some tough stuff but I'm glad you've managed to handle it all. I hope that 2011 will bring lots of great stuff for you, both minor and major!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, it has been said two times already but WOW. I commend you for sharing such a detailed recap and in fact, I'm going to do the same thing!

    What I like about this is that it's different than putting out a bunch of goals for the new year (notice I didn't say resolutions, because I don't resolve to do $hit). Taking a look back at the year is some serious reflection.

    Funny, but I think we share several things in common - I had far too many stupid little boys, became more focused on my health & fitness and worked on that little debt issue.

    I'm thankful for the slow services in my doctor's office which allowed me the time to scan through all of your latest posts.

    Wishing you a prosperous and HAPPY 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt & Hangover - Thank you.

    Do it, its fun, and it helps to note where changes if any need to be may!

    Wishing you both a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...