Wednesday, 15 December 2010

35 Days - Disclaimer: Maybe TMI..

What is your monthly cycle count?  Do you count when your menses will come when you run out of birth control pills? Do you count on a calendar (as I do, sans birth control) or have another method?

I run a 24-28 day cycle. 
Which means (for some of you men out there who are amazed by the female body) Us ladies get our period any one of those days.  Whatever cycle range they may be on.

Now for those who may have pcos or other health related issues, your cycle may be a little off kilter, but you find what's normal for you and you work with it.

Those of you who have been reading me now know I have hypothyroidism (under active thyroid) and while it's easily treatable, it can play with my body. It means if the medication is off I can have issues with thirst, extra dry skin, hair falling out (not much) bm issues and it could mess with my menses cycle.

I'm on day 35 and have not received my monthly womanhood gift that lets me know everything in my body is working a-okay.  I'm suspecting since we changed the dosage on my thyroid meds only 4 weeks ago, that it might... might, have caused me to not have my period this month. 

I've come to this conclusion over being pregnant, cos well, I practice safe sex. Plus, I'm still having all the symptoms - mood swings, cravings for salt and meat, and mild cramps. 

A free month?? SWEET!
I'm sure though that the new meds just messed with me and I'm on a new cycle and no have NO IDEA when I'll get it. 

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO glad I don't do that anymore!! I hated it mainly because I was so irregular and my cycle could go anywhere from 25-35 days and never the same twice in a row!

    The hysterectomy was the best thing ever! (I still have my ovaries tho') I mean, I was 32 or so at the time, my tubes got cut, tied and burned when I gave birth to my last child (now 9), so I really saw no need to continue! I was lucky and my dr agreed so BAM- it's done!

    Sorry you're having these issues... {hug}

    ~Kas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kas - I usually fallunder 29-35 days with shorter ovulating days inbetween. The joys of being a woman. Constant change.

    It's not miserable or anything, just tiresome of having to get use to a new cycle I have no control over unless I go on bcp's. AND THATS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... read back to my 9 days Yaz this year.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...