Friday, 3 December 2010

General Ramblings

Last night was the company Xmas party.  I've never go. Mostly cos I work with and see these people more than I see my friends. Plus, in the past I haven't care for many of them. I'm not one for forced politeness's.
Nor do I want to party with a bunch of caddy, gossiping early 20 somethings'. If they were mature 20 somethings, I probably would have gone previous years. Alas they are not.

This past year we've hired an older crowd. If they are all still here next year, I'll go. I like these women, mostly cos they're my own age (which sometimes doesn't matter) but we have things in common, and I like them. 

I accepted plans for a dinner date with my plaything last night. We've been having a hard time connecting and getting our schedules synced.  He's had two strikes against him already, which I was severely disappointed with since he's turn into THAT guy. The guy who makes plans, stands you up, then calls you the next day to tell you about a date he went on. WTH!  I've called him out on it. Explained we're not dating, we're not exclusive, but I will not be treated poorly or disrespected.  He's been apologizing ever since.

So we made plans last night for a late dinner and to just hang out.  He advised me that the ex was stopping by the house to pick up some of her stuff etc... and he should be on his way about 8pm.
About 7ish he texts to say she showed up with her Mum and they ambushed him regarding their mutual banking stuff.  Not to go into any details but I'm well aware of the financial obligations they had together.
Well whatever arrangement they had, no longer works for her, or should I say her mother.  At 9pm he texts again to say he thinks he'll be free soon, apologizes and asks that I not count this as strike 3.

At 8pm I could forsee the night going downhill and ordered a pizza. (Hi Diet, I see you givine me that dirty look.) If he showed up, I'd have lunch and dinner the next day with that medium pizza.

11pm - I hear nothing. I call him to see if he's alive etc. No answer. I text, on the off chance he's still dealing with them. No answer.   Too late - strike 3 You're out.  Now this strike 3 is reversable should he call before noon and advise his cell died.   He asked for this date.

I'm thoroughly disappointed. Not pissed. Cos this has never really been his style.  Prior to this g/f of 3 years, he would have stopped by my job to apologize in person.  I've given him a hard time about the guy he's turned into.  Even if we dropped the playdate portion of our relationship, I wouldnt accept being treated like this from a friend.  Which we've always been.

While I was getting ready last night, I decided to re-activate my online dating account.  Never once got my hopes up, cos that particular site has become a second Craigsl@st. The quailty of men on there have gone into the toilet.  Hence the deactivation at the beggining of the year.

Apparently there is a new feature called "Meet Me". It's similar to the Hot or Not, but you get to look at pictures and click on "Do You Want To Meet This Person" - Yes, No, Maybe.  By clicking yes or maybe, it sends an automated email to you advising that this person would like to meet you.  Seriously?

First of all you do not have the option to opt out of partcipating in this. If you have an active account, you are part of this. Secondly , How friggin lazy do you have to be?  My hotmail inbox was bombarded with emails from men who were clicked on my picture that they wanted to meet me. I deleted every single one of them.
You were too lazy to email me yourself to say hello with a small intro? Instead you let an auto email do your work for you? No Thank You.

I think I'll be deleting my account all together tonight, and go back to meeting people in person, at bars, restaurants, thru friends, etc

In the beginning of online dating, it was great. Lots of people who are busy looking for love.  Then it started to become a little too casual and men were just looking for an easy hookup. Then it became down right soliciting for sex only. "let's have a roll in the hay, see if we're compatible then get to know each other."

Let me be one of many to say this, if you actually fall for that line or think its not an unreasonable request, I see no hope for romance or mankind.  I'm all for booty calls from time to time, but I do those with my friends who I have history with.  Not some random one nightstand with a dude on a dating site who's last name and birthdate I don't know.

I'm over the online dating thing. I'm going to be more conventional and meet people the old fashion way.
Get to know them, date them, sleep with them, become exclusive.
Don't get me wrong, online dating worked for me for a while, but it no longer suites my needs or wants.

11 comments:

  1. I completely agree for me I have found that eliminate the natural attraction/chemistry process of meeting someone in person - wherever that is. Online you are boiled down to elements and a picture - sure it can work, my first roommate found a terrific guy online and they were married in 6 months and completely happy. It just doesn't work for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing I noticed about online dating.... The men are more willing to stick their dick in you and have the nerve to suggest unprotected sex, than tell you where they work, or any real pertinant information.

    How backwards is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is, somehow we still believe that we are annoymous online, no you aren't. I want to say to these men, this is real life and to reiterate I am real - I'm not a free hooker, I am woman who deserves like ALL humans respect - furthermore, as a woman you profess to be interested in I deserve real solid evidence of that respect - which means I'm not something just to be poked, if that's what you want go look somewhere else because the rate I charge is beyond you - it might be cheesy but I'm priceless because I know I'm worth more than that. Never-mind that you've neglected to realized that I know with your attitude towards unprotected sex that you are a walking petri dish of STI/STD's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree I have never met anyone online that I could live with for the rest of my life! Most are just creepy and the rest are jerks! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over the years, when I've been single with the on/off douchebag, I've met some great men! Some are stil friends. But now..... whole other ball game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, sounds like sex once again ruins a good friendship *sigh* Yeah, I don't get why when sleeping someone it now allows you to treat the worse than a friend? Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LB@30 - I would agree 100%, IF we had gotten that far yet. We've made these dates to play etc, and never get there. So I've dropped him.
    I don't need to get laid that badly to put up with these antics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I deleted my online dating profiles too. Just wasn't working for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear he reached Strike 3, although he totally deserved it. I've heard through a couple of guys that the online dating sites are just a place to hookup. While it's entertaining to hear it second hand, I'd hate to be in the middle of it, trying to find a decent guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And really, it's far more fun to bump and grind with a stranger at the bar than to send dirty messages via email...

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol Sandra, I don't disagree. Bunp and grind is a whole lot safer than a one night stand.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...