I've been having some more craziness with Museum Crazy C.
Yesterday while I was at my paying job, her emails started coming in. At first they were the usual generic ramblings of someone filling time and looking busy. That's completely fine.
However, I was busy, working. Actually working, not just looking busy. These moments are few and far between when I have enough work to keep me busy all day.
Enter Miss Crazy.
The emails were becoming abrupt and almost rude. I had posted on FB earlier in the day that I was donating blood that night and would then be offline the rest of the night. Anyone who donates, knows sometimes giving blood can wipe you of a little energy. More so on days where you're already overtired.
Below are bits from her emails:
*One email demanded to know why I donate.
*The others were demanding to know why I wasn't replying to her.
*Another informing me that the Xmas e-card I sent to everyone at the museum was addressed with multiple greetings (Hanukkah, Quanza, Christmas) and that only Christians worked there, so Merry Christmas would have done just fine. (Can't make this shit up).
*The next was her informing me that it drove her absolutely crazy when she was being ignored.
First of all, my patience is waning here. I'm AT WORK! I forwarded the emails to my work wife, asking for her to assist me with a diplomatic reply. However, she was busy too and I couldn't wait, being fuelled by my annoyance for Miss Crazy C.
I shot her a quick reply saying, I didn't have anything to say, and that I was busy with a project. I'd talk to her later. Her emails continued, that if I had enough time to reply to this one, I should have enough time to reply to all.
So I lied.
I sent her another email advising her that I only had a minute to shoot this email out, cos I was not working alone at my desk, that I was with the CFO and the Controller (my immediate bosses) and CAN NOT reply right away and for her to relax. I'll reply when I have time.
Still not good enough. She started texting me. Like that somehow was more acceptable???
Fortunately for me, I foresaw that happening and had turned my ringers off. :) Yay, I get to keep my job.
Towards the end of the day, I emailed her, letting her know my day was over and that I wasn't in the mood to talk. I would chat with her later. More rants from her ensued. I stopped replying.
I'm at a cross roads.
I like her when she's not being super needy and psychotic. I do not want to seem like an enabler for her, but I think her anxieties about going home for the holidays are revving her up a bit. And since she is under the impression we're much better friends than we really are, I'm afraid if I corrected her, there would be results forming as bits from the single white female movie. I have only come to this conclusion solely based on stories she's told me involving old roommates and friends. She looks up to me for a few things. Things I'm completely happy to help guide her through. But it's starting to feel like she relies on me a far more than she should for her own sanity. Sometimes I'm happy to help, it's overwhelming feeling like it's being demanded from me.
How do I tell her, we're not as close as she thinks? I do not need or want to talk to her everyday. Seeing her on Fridays and going for drinks afterwards and maybe one or two other times is enough. Honestly I'm not all that interested in having a close relationship with her. I do not share much information about my life with her, as she is quickly ready to divulge information on other co-workers etc. If I want people to know, I will tell them. That's my choice to share, shouldn't be hers.
I can not cut her off, cos she will make working at the museum hell. Gossip, etc.
I assume she exaggerates often.
And I do not wish to quit because she forgot to take her meds. Could I have seen that being friendly at work would result in this, I wouldn't have been nice. How do you assess something like this before hand?
Recap: She was normal until I went to her house. Tricked me!!! lol
Do I make myself unavailable more often? Screen my calls? Stop replying to emails?
What I need from you readers are a few suggestions how to manage this.
In short, I honestly would not lose any sleep if this relationship ended.
I however do value my life and working in the museum drama free.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess when I mentioned here that CC and I talked and all would be good in the world again, was a crock of shit.
I find the more she becomes the topic of my entries, makes me realize even more we have a problem here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
Wowzer... I would suggest to just Keep It Simple. Answer what's asked and don't elaborate. She def sounds like someone to watch tho' SWF aside.... BE CAREFUL. Do NOT allow someone else's craziness to make YOU crazy!
ReplyDeleteKas -
ReplyDeleteI came to taht conclusion last night myself too. Dont let someone else make me crazy.
I've worked to hard to overcome depression and surround myself with positively sweet people, to allow myself to be pulled back down by someone else.
Since I've known CC on a more personal level, I've been in a funk. Seriously not cool.
Your sanity needs to be the most important thing to you. It can be hard, my own mom makes me crazy (seriously!!) so I had to distance myself from her.
ReplyDeleteMake the necessary changes, even if it's a little unpleasant.