Monday, 10 January 2011

I Love Him.....still.

I woke up from a horrible dream in the last few minutes....crying. Hard.

I dreamt that the Douchebag had snuck into my apartment in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. (thinking he was being funny) Not knowing it was him, and not enough time to exit the apartment via one of my patio's, from the time I heard the front door open, I slip off the edge of my bed onto the floor beside my golf club. (yes I actually have one beside my bed). 

However he knew I was there. Laying there absolutely terrified ready to swing, he jumped on the bed hanging his head over the edge yelling "BOO", in that exact same moment without thinking, I swung. Rearing him bloody and completely unconscious.
Screaming, I got up to race from the apartment drawing as much attention to myself as I could.  For whatever reason, I took a second to look at my intruder as I was getting off the floor, making sure he was not faking. (all in a split second), suddenly realizing it was the Douchebag. Not a "real" intruder.

He's not moving. He's not breathing. OMG I've killed him.
Grabbed the phone, called 911 begging for an ambulance and the police.
They all arrive, as I"m explaining what happened.... I wake up.  Crying. Hard.

WTF!!!! seriously, where did this dream come from? And why so awful!? I mean, ya I'm unhappy about the way we carried on our relationship for years passed it's expiry date, but I've never wished him harm. Ever.

So ya, I love him, still. But whhhhhhhhhhhy such a dream?
I feel horrible and I think I"m more upset now at the thought that I had a dream so violent in the first place.

I figure if I got all this down on paper it wouldn't haunt me anymore tonight.

HPHM.

On happier notes.

I finally got my new bed and TV Saturday.
Do you think for a second anything went smoothly? No.

The movers were hired by the friend (SR) I bought the stuff from. I was to pay them.
*EST was 5:30-6pm. I get the call from SR that they will be a little later about 7pm.
That's fine. I cancel my dinner plans.
*8:45 rolls around and I call SR asking where the movers are, now strongly suspecting they stopped to watch the hockey game, despite having been paid to deliver my new belongings. I'm told they are at her house loading up the stuff and should be at my house in 30 mins. We live less than a 3 min WALK from each other, so you can imagine how friggin livid I was when 2 more hours passed and still no sign of the movers, nor can I get a hold of SR anymore.

I've left a fairly unhappy message on her phone explaining this was no longer acceptable to deliver anything after 7pm let alone 11pm. I live in an apartment etc
Not only now have they inconvenienced my whole night, they are planning to deliver in the middle of the night now and disturb all my neighbours? NOT COOL.

*11:15pm I'm on the couch trying to sleep since I've  cleared my room for the new bed, the phone rings. They're here.  They come up introduce themselves, pleasant enough but never offer an apology or reason for the lateness. From the tone and the look on my face I think they knew it was best they just not speak at all. NO TIP for them!

Bed in - Check.
Used 52" flat screen.... wait... TUBE TV? WHAT!?
SR had told me this was an 52" LCD Flat screen... yum there is a huge difference.

This thing is a monster! Although nice, it's huge!


(It's actually 48" projection rear back model according to the model infor on the back- still too big - thing weighs 157lbs as per the infor)

I've been in the possession of this monster for 24 hours now and I've listed it on craplist and FB Market for sale. I even messaged SR explaining although nice, it's simply too big for my apt space (less than 6 ft from either couch... that's just too close)
Before you ask if I can move things around, I can not. The set up for the open floor plan in my apartment is already utilizing it's best format. :(

I'll be messaging SR again tomorrow to see if her husband's friend still wants it, otherwise I am going to sell it. (for more than I bought it for).

Don't get me wrong or think I'm ungrateful, I love that they threw this TV in for almost nothing, wanting me to have nice things. But she did mislead me in it's size and style. If I had the proper space for it, I would certainly keep it.
It just does not work right now.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a scary dream - but I believe in the whole "dreams really mean something deeper than they seem to on the surface" idea. I used to have quite a few dreams in which I would do something really regrettable and then instantly be thinking "why on earth did I do that?" I think I mainly had anxiety about the possibility of future regrets in general. Not saying that this is you though - I'm not sure how to interpret yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt79.

    Not sure if it's the whole winding down from the holidays and being stressed about a few things that set it off.

    Or simply, I'm not over the whole ordeal yet.
    We were together for over a decade, I do not imagine it taking only a year to get over him???

    Regardless I'm having very mixed feelings about it. Pissed/upset/angry/unsettled. I'm trying not to think about it all, however the stress of going to bed tonight is giving me a bit of an upset stomach.

    In short, I'm pretty spazzy today. Womanhood, stress of selling an oversize tv, busy at work, and that dream... joy joy!!!

    .....maybe a glass of wine tonight? Oh screw that, I'm drinking the whole bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very crazy dream! Sounds like when you were sleeping in your dream, you were at peace and then he came into your life. He hurt you when you thought he would never do that but you still care enough for him to call 911. That is my guess but you can go to dreammoodsdictionary.com and look up specific words like "intruder", "exboyfriend", "sleep", "surprised",...you get the idea and it will tell you reason for dreaming this. I use it for my crazy and thought provoking dreams. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a scary dream, though I've been told that it is quit normal to have feelings that scare yourself when a long term relationship is broke off. I found it unbelievable yet credible at the same time. Whatever it is, I hope you find that something which will help you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I have a dream about my ex I feel really disturbed when I wake up - I'm bothered for the entire day. No matter what I dream. I can't imagine having such a disturbing dream! I understand why you wouldn't want to go back to bed. Hope you have sweet dreams from here on out...

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...