Saturday, 19 February 2011

No More Museum Crazy C

It's over!
I had enough of all the emails, texting, phone calls with no messages left. Hang ups etc.
Once again I want to thank Elizabeth Singleton. Without her personal insight and personal experiences, I'm not sure I would have been able to handle ending this on a high note. I might have just resorted to throwing a hissy fit and telling her to go away etc. Instead I explained the points I wanted to make, while I think obtaining a positive note on it all.  However Crazy C did not see it that way.

I had planned to talk to the curator about my plans to ask CC to scale it back a bit, unfortunately I did not get that chance until after the email was sent.  I sent the email as close to the end of CC's day, as not make her upset while at work. Knowing she'd be checking her hotmail account from work.
After setting up an appointment this morning for a phone call with the curator, I feel even better about the actions I took.

I explained to him that I did not want her reprimanded as this was a personal issue, although I did want him to be aware of my plans so he could gauge her attitude etc.  We talked for about 30 mins this morning.
Covered a lot of ground.  He asked if I had the emails still etc. advising yes, he asked if I was comfortable reading some of them, and in addition wanted to know if the emails were sent from her work or personal account.  They were sent from her work.  I read a few, explaining that I did not reply to any.

The short of it is, he was pleased with the way I handled it.  enquired if more actions would be needed. (going to their big boss or legal actions) At the moment, no. I will continue to be professional and respectful towards her while I'm there.  I do feel the need to mention that had I left this much longer, I wouldn't put it past her to drive by my house etc. She's mentioned she's done that in the past etc..

I feel positive. I've been backed up. My hours at the museum are flexible, and been reassured that they enjoy me there etc. Of course he had to ask me if I felt taken advantage of, being asked to do certain tasks as it's not a paying job.  I confirmed I was happy, loving the experience and reminded him he's always given me the option not to do a certain task.  I always reply, "it has to be done, put me where the priority is".. and off I go.  It may be volunteer, but it's still a real job.

So here it is. The email I sent to CC and her reply.

Hey Crazy C,


What do you mean "What the F is wrong with you? I can't find you anywhere..."

I am not always available, or online. Sometimes I just do not feel like being reached.
I haven't been around to reply to all your emails.


Please do NOT take this the wrong way. I'm sorry if I've worried you, but I don't feel it necessary to reply immediately or talk to somebody everyday.
My everyday life isn't like that. I don't talk to my friends, email, or text them every single day, so it become a little over whelming to be checked on, like I'm being monitored or having tabs kept on me. It starts to feel suffocating and needy, especially when it starts with, "I cant find you."


I'm not ignoring you or giving you the silent treatment, as per your most recent text message.
I've just got things going on right now, that I'm not interested in sharing with anybody.


Unfortunately, I don't think we're as close as you may think we are.
I like you, but I find your behaviour right now a little overwhelming and I need to have some space from the constant emails.


So on that note, let's leave our acquaintanceship to chatting on Friday's, the occasional drink after work, and being your soundboard from time to time.


That's all I can offer you at this moment.


Just Saying.

Her reply:

thats fine not many people can handle being my friend. its something i am working on.


after a year (as you pointed out we have known each other for) i thought you knew my behaviour is well meaning and can be interpreted as being over the top.

we dont have anything in common and you are right we arent really friends.

i was hoping for a friendship but i am definitely in agreement that we are not a good fit.

dont bother with the niceties, i can reject people too you know.

so good luck and no love lost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooooooooooo DA CRAZY IS GONE!!
The coming weeks will tell how she is really adjusting it. Her "so good luck" might imply maybe she thinks I quit the museum? She'll be in for a shock next week if that is what she indeed thought. She replied not as I thought. I thought it would be more spazzy.  E.Singleton pointed out (she has a secret handbook on crazies, or just took really good notes in her experiences) that CC would probably try and turn this around, as it's all my fault. etc.   Time will only tell.

I knew her personality was indeed over the top, but there is a difference between being quirky and physco.
At least she is self aware. Claims to be working on it... that only works if you're not taking recreational drugs in addition to your lithium.  She did hit it on the nail when she confirmed we have nothing in common. We don't. Not one thing. That isn't always a bad thing, but in this case, it was.

So now you have it. I'm free of da crazy.
Thank you all for the support, and suggestions wheather they were public or private.
Every bit helped.


Now I have to see about getting my judgement radar fixed. Cos it is clearly defective.

8 comments:

  1. This is a good thing, and run with it I tell you! BUT....be careful. It's no coincidence that one day (well, 3 days) she's in a panic looking for you, then the next moment she's almost instantly aloof stating you're right, you're not really good friends, you're not a good fit so Godspeed. WTF? There's something wrong with that so don't think everything is ok. Still be on your toes with her, and be suspicious of her every move. In the meantime, rejoice! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ES - She has deleted me from FB. I've deleted her phone numbers etc. But again, you are probably 100% correct. After talking to the curator and getting her reply, I instantly felt a sense of more calmness and relaxed.. I will remain on guard, cos I think it's going to throw her for a loop when I walk in the door next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work- though you're never 'free' from crazy. Trust me.

    Nice email- you layed it down.

    Glad you liked my blog! I'm thinking that maybe even though February sucks, it's good for me in a way because it gives me the "fuck-off" attitude I need to lay down a few laws myself.

    Which I did, Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

    And please clarify to your readers that although my name starts with a C, I'm a different Crazy C than this Crazy C.

    Cuz, you know, I don't want to steal her thunder.

    PS is she hot? Maybe I dated her.

    Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Caleb.. CALEB IS NOT CRAZY C...just to be clear. Her name is CFB, not Caleb.

    She is actually really hot, thin, but the crazy out weighs all that. NO!!!!.. you can not date her.

    Yay you for putting your foot down too!
    Always love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY FOR YOU!!

    Good Job!!

    I hope it works out and she REALLY DOES move on.... BE SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only time will tell Kas.
    I see her this Friday. I have a very strong suspision that she thinks I've quit. The smug part of me can't wait to see her face when I walk in the door. The other half of me, simply doesn't care what she thinks anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!!! You can ignore my other post, obviously I should have started with the current and worked my way back.

    Sounds like CC was auditioning for Single White Female Part 2!

    I hope she stays away for good.

    Geesh! And here you are thinking you've got problems figuring out dating, you have to deal with this type of crap??!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would never ignore any comments!

    Oh ya, I refered to her as SWF a few times.

    She's already attached herself to another volunteer... and so it begins again.

    Unfortunately it's not really my place to say anything to this other volunteer.. she will figure it out soon enough... or maybe, they will hit it off and she wont be crazy this time around.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...