Thursday, 3 February 2011

To Honey or not to Honey....that is the question.

Been following a friend on twitter when I read the following update - Day 8 no poo!

I emailed her privately to say WTH! Go to the doctors etc.
She replied laughing saying, not pooh, poo = shampoo.  EW. No Shampoo fpr 8 days? Gross.

She went on to explain further that her and a few friends (who are all a little granola) are going back to the basics and getting away from all body cleaning products that have chemicals. Ew. Still. But to each their own. They are washing their hair with baking soda, apple cider vinegar mixture or something. Sorry, I'm never going to try that. I like my Redken just fine thanks.

JD is a very curious person and will research the crap out of everything so she can have a educated opinion before she does or says something. :)  regardless the topic, she will know everything there is to know inside and out. I however, I am not so passionate at times.  I'll do my research until I'm happy enough just to say yay or nah to trying something. Common sense plays a large part in my decisions.

In the same email she mentioned she'd stop washing her face too. Again. ew.
Then learned, she's just not washing it with soap etc. She's washing her face with honey!..... honey!!!

I did some reading up on it, and although it's not a huge movement, there seems to be some benefits to it.
I decided, what the hell, I'll give it two weeks and see what happens.
I have nothing to lose, what could happen, my face get worse? Ptfff I'm almost 40 and dealing with acne...
I'll try anything right now that doesn't involve me taking more drugs just to suppress it.

I'm on day 4. And so far I'm liking what I see.  Skin tone is balancing out, blemishes are clearing up.
Of course I'm still using my witch hazel as a toner and rose water as a moisturizer. (when I'm not in the mood to use my regular stuff) Not bad. It's cheap. It seems to be working.  And I don't smell like anything.

I must admit though, it was a little off putting to be in the bath and putting honey on my face, when it should be going into my tea or something.

Would you try it?
Have you ever tried anything unusal? If so, what was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...