I can write just about anything, as long as I have something to say about it.
Although now I have a deadline to write a guest post, and do you think I can think of what to write?
I know what I have to write about, and I'm well versed in it. But..... Blank....sound of crickets between my ears. Crap. I have the worse type of writers block. The type that craps out when you're writing for someone else.
I've invested in a large bottle of wine and a new cd for tonight.
I will have my top 5 male voices plugged into my ears, set the mood with candles (before and after my bath to relax), lots of wine, maybe read some old entries and let the fingers type away in their ulterior ego.
Top male voices that can provoke all sorts of feelings.
Adam Woodall (http://www.adamwoodallband.com/flash)
Edwin G. (I Mother Earth, Solo & Crash Karma) http://crashkarma.com/
Gerald Eaton (Jarvis Church & Philosopher Kings)
Ray LaMontagne http://www.raylamontagne.com/us/home
#5 - this one rotates based on my mood. - Currently acoustic Jason Mraz.
I say voices over bands, cos regardless of which band these men currently work within, their voices are so ridiculously perfect, they could sing the alphabet and make it sound amazing.
So I'll have my favourite men in my ears, some yummy wine and hopefully I'll be laying out an excellent entry in the next day or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
So... Before today I had never heard of any of these folks. I'm happy to report I learned something today from you post.
ReplyDeleteR.Manager - Woot! Hope you will not be disappointed.
ReplyDeleteAdam is a personal friend, while the others I are mutual acquaintances or not at all etc.
If you youtube the Adam Woodall Band, search for
Colin James Get carried away - he jams with AWB. and Into the Mystic, you'll find an acoustic version of AWB doing this cover in front of some water/boats etc.
Hope you enjoy!
Ryan Montbleau, Josh Ritter, Ray LaMontagne and Damien Rice and sometimes Jason Mraz too... but there are others who have done one or two good songs but those are the men who I can listen to over a long period of time.
ReplyDeleteAh yes Damien Rice. Love him.
ReplyDeleteYOU RULE!
ReplyDeleteThx Ad xxx
Listen to some Duffy (Syrup & Honey) and John Mayer too. Ahhhh... they make me so calm when I'm writing. Good luck and can't wait to see your guest post!
ReplyDeleteFor females I like
ReplyDeleteDuffy
Adele
Natalie Furato
K.D. Lang
Of course who doesnt love John Mayer!