It's Day 10 on Accutane.
I'm adjusting to my lips and nose being raw, and the increasing thirst.
So far so good. I have a small periods every few days where I feel completely wiped, which end up with me in bed before 9pm. (what am I 80 yrs old suddenly?)
I'm sure I'm jinxing it right now by saying anything.. if this is as bad as it gets... easy!
Surely, I just shot myself in the foot with that statement.
I've upped my water intake to 8 x 8oz cups of water a day while at work. Easy. (helps to drink hot/warm water...not cold) Day 10 - I'm up to 16 x 8oz's a day.
That is just shy of 4 liters a day, you're only recommended to drink up to 2 liters. That will help immensely with this drug being processed by my liver. When I do not drink the minimum of 8x8 I feel it.....everywhere. On average, I'd say I'm sucking back 2-2.5 litters a day.. some more, some less on other days. Not to mention the cup of coffee I have in the morning and glass of orange juice or pop (couple once/twice a week) in addition.
Must be careful not to overdose on the water intake though. Seriously, it is possible to ingest too much water. Water Intoxication. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication your kidneys can process about 15 liters of water/fluid.. so although it's hard to get, it is possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
Hey, so far so good, eh? Hope it keeps on keeping on :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of water intoxication! You learn something every day...
ReplyDeleteYup, a chick died in California last year after some water-drinking stunt for a local radio station.
ReplyDeleteGood one.
Crazy how many people are unaware that something like that could happen.
ReplyDeleteLike any other substance, drugs, and/or alcohol etc.. it can be abused and cause harm.