The rain can just go suck rocks now. Even for a born and raised Vancouverite living in a rain forest this is becoming just a tad ridonkulous. Yes REDONKULOUS!
It would be easier for me to tell you how many non-rainy days we've had than to explain how long it's been raining. Probably shy of a dozen days we've had non rain, even less for how many we've had with the sun out. So Dear Rain, Please go suck it, I think we're good til the middle of summer. Love, Just Saying.
I love falling asleep to the sound of rain pounding on the roof and tapping the windows. It reminds me of camping. You can not hear anything else but the rain, and I often imagine in my head that the swooshing sound cars make passing two blocks down are really the waves rolling in against the shore from a short distances away.,,,,, ZZZZZZzzzzzz sleeping. However, getting up in the morning (5am in my case) and hearing that thundering rain, was enough for this morning for me to do a quick pro/con list in my head of staying home today or dragging my ass out of bed.
Waaa waaa waaa in my head and it always comes down to this. If I'm not actually sick, I go to work.
It's better I do not take a truly unnecessary day off now when I might need it later. Then I'd be kicking myself. I have a fairly good work ethic about me. I come to work, ON TIME (rarely ever late due to my own accord). Sure there are days where you're not sick but a mental health day is needed. I've taken those and I've been straight up with my boss when I do it. I advise her that there are no pressing deadlines, credit cards to reconcile, oversea wire transfers etc to do. Basically I'm caught up. Not that I'm really ever super busy, but I do have daily deadlines. Those are the days when I know I wouldn't be able to compose myself professionally or appear emotionally stable. Thankfully those days do not come often. The last one was in July 2010 when I lasted 9 days on Yaz Birth Control.
Laying in bed I tried to justify a reason to stay home. Couldn't do it and the longer I laid in bed trying to convince myself to get upset or sick in the next 30 seconds as I hadn't gotten out of bed and was not running late. I had to get out of bed and rush to catch the 6:30 bus. *ugh*
It's just one of those days. I want to stay curled up in bed, pop in a movie and just veg, nap, soak in the tub, veg with more mindless fluff chick flicks and have a blissful day doing nothing. Extra points if I had a warm male body that smelled yummy to snuggle with.
I've been at work 3 hours now (it's only 10am) and I swear to gawd someone has switched out the regular coffee with decaf. Yes ladies and gents, I'm drinking regular coffee today and do not for one second believe there is caffeine in it. Maybe I need to step it up and directly insert the coffee IV into my arm. Ya that's probably it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I probably won't make any friends if I tell you I was in Vancouver on Saturday and it wasn't raining...and I left on Sunday and it wasn't raining...
ReplyDelete-10 points. This past weekend was the most recent break in the rain we had in what seems like FOREVER!
ReplyDeleteWhat were you doing here, and more importantly why didn't you email me for a coffee??? huh huh huh!!! lol
Btw, am I still on the list of Love stories that you'll be publishing on your blog?
it's raining here too. makes it hard to get up and go do the walk thing... but I did.
ReplyDeleteAND THEN I BLEW IT by eating a Chik-Fil-A sammich and waffle fries for lunch.
I guess it's salad tonite for dinner....
I completely agree - the rain needs to leave NOW!! The boyfriend's first visit to Vancouver and the weather is not cooperating!
ReplyDeleteOnce you find out coffee IV let me know, an Americano down my throat isn't cutting it these days.
You had my at the post title.
ReplyDeleteAnd I knew you'd be back on caffeine, and I don't blame you a bit. That's just ridiculous.
Oh, and S&P? What was his name? Maybe you should try two Americanos at the same time.
Caleb - I do have caffeine once in a while but its becoming more and more rare, except when i'm ordering latte's, I always seem to forget to ask for calorie free, no fat, decaf.. oops.
ReplyDelete