We all have foods we're not huge fans of, but will eat it from time to time. A conversation yesterday asked me what I won't eat, and what will I eat but it's not my first choice.
What I won't eat?
Liver. Haggis & cow's tongue. Nope. Not going to happen.
Those are 3 foods I grew up eating. Granted real haggis isn't all that bad as long as you do not ask too many questions. Would I eat it now? Nope.
What will I eat but it's never my first choice?
Italian food. There I said it. I'm not a huge fan of pasta's. I have my moments, but it far and few between.I like spaghetti, but it's only a couple times a year. Although if it's made by Italians, then I'm more likely too enjoy it when I do eat it. Hence I rarely make it at home.
I much rather have Greek food over Italian.
I can not live without cheese, green olives, salt, meat and seafood. If I was allergic to any of those, I'd have to jump off a building. I'm not afraid of much food. I will try everything once, twice to be sure, unless the first time was a horrible experience.
This question is now forwarded to you readers.
What will you NOT eat?
What will you eat but it's never your first choice?
.....Go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
Italian is much more than pasta. Actually pasta is really intended to be a side dish..not the mail course. If Apple had an app to send hot steaming dishes of Italian food to you I definitely would :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeff. Very valid point.
ReplyDeleteIt is more than pasta, and pasta is the low man on my list. I do not think i've every had anything else..... I'm going to have to revisit Italian food now, and see what else they have to offer aside from pasta. :)
Listen lady! Don't MAKE me come there...AGAIN! Being Italian, I am thoroughly disgusted with you right now! As IF you don't like Italian food! What's not to like? I love pasta, grew up on it 5 out of 7 dinners a week, and still the thing I eat the most of. Now I have to admit, if it's not made properly, pasta sucks. But Jeff is right- there are more to Italian dishes than pasta. There are lots of really nice chicken and veal dishes, soup and rice dishes....the list goes on. There are all sorts of really nice meats and cheeses too, but I guess it would be hard to find if you don't know what to look for and where to find it. And of course, some of the pastries and desserts are like no other. I love Greek food too- if I could eat a block of Feta cheese for dinner I would. ha! Man, I'm starting to wonder about you...;)
ReplyDelete@ES - I thought this might get a rise out of you. lol Anything it takes to get you to BC... ;-)
ReplyDeleteWe have Little Italy in Vancouver. (Commerical & 1st).. I'll get getting some people together and heading down there to try something other than pasta... .so get your friggin PANTIES out of a knot and I'll get back to you!. ;-)
mmmmm feta..... mmmmm
ReplyDeleteWhat's to wonder? I'm awesome!
OMG I can't believe you just said the P word. You're a terrible terrible person.
ReplyDeleteWhat's not to like about Italian food? it's yummy. it's filling. it's yummy. it's sometimes good for you. It's yummy. I mean. Come on.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to go with E.Singleton's first suggestion.... I probably haven't had it made right.
ReplyDeleteI reserve the right to change my opinion at a later date.
I made a confession a few weeks ago, to my father (100% Italian)...but I'm not a big fan of pasta either.
ReplyDeleteBut Italian food (as many have said before me) is not defined by pasta. For me, it's the sauce whether it be a marinara, meat, alfredo, bechamel...hmmmm.
Put any of that on gnocchi, polenta, chicken, eggplant. You're golden.
Me? I don't like anything with curry. Can't stand it. Don't want to eat it.
I agree actually. I spent two months traveling in Italy, actually LIVING with host families, and I really did not enjoy myself food-wise, with a few exceptions. I found the vast majority of meals to be carbohydrate-based... primarily bread, pasta, and rice. Too much for me! I need MEAT! lol. Granted, I was primarily in northern Italy... perhaps southern would be better? Maybe I'll find out some day!
ReplyDeleteI'm a huge fan of Italian food! I love pasta! Maybe you just have to try the right dishes. :) I think it's very subjectively and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
ReplyDeleteI have yet to expand my tastebuds with Italin food as of yet. But I do love me some currey. Maybe my love for greek and Indian food came to light as I grew up with Greek across the street, Indian to the left of my house...but we had Italians to the right.
ReplyDeleteI will make it my goal this summer to go to Little Italy in Vancouver and try it out.