Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Photo Shoot

I really need to buy a usb cord for my phone so I can upload the photos of the photo shoots from work.
It's nothing too exciting after you've seen one, and half naked models hurrying up and standing around while photographers decide if the shot was good or not.  Hair and makeup messed with touched up again, clothes changed. They've finally got into the habit of using an idea board of outfits and accessories already laid out and put together, and the order of shots etc... wow imagine that, we're functioning like a professional set now!  There were a couple that were complete disasters (in my opinion). We've gone from a crew of 20 to a crew of 6. woot! Ya I'd say that they have a routine now.

Although it's a whole other ball game when lookbooks are shot off site, and I have to arrange to have everything shipped from third parties to another location, and gawd forbid they forget something.
It's good in the sense it keeps me busy, but seriously get a friggin check list and check it twice!
Know how many times the steamer is left behind? Really? You can not have a photoshoot without one, so how is it they forget it everytime!?

On the production side of it, it's good to see what goes into producing a lookbook (fashion catalog).
Thankfully we always have the same team doing the shoots and they're super nice. It doesn't hurt the men are handsome. :) What? I work in an office that has 6 ugly men and 50 women of all ages.... I need some eye candy damn it! And it's not beneath me to flirt slightly. Nothing inappropriate, but I will smile bigger than normal. :)

It's completely different and much smaller than having a Disney movie or a Kit Kat commercial being filmed in your space during work hours.  Those are huge huge productions.  If you rent Space Buddies (part of the airbuds movies) that is filmed at my office. The 6 puppies they used were so friggin cute! The staff was amazing! You'd never know there was a crew of a couple hundred people in and around your space. They were that professional.  Not to mention the perks! The caterers would come around and feed those of us that were most inconvenienced by them, seems like every hour, (work areas'... I always have to move to a different floor)  They make sure we're taken care of. :)

2 comments:

  1. Um... I just heard "models" and "50 women" and "photoshoot"

    We're friends, right?

    Why don't you, uh, maybe send me some stuff to review? Yeah, that'd be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Ya we're friends lol

    The models are too thin, but the coworkers are your age and so pretty and nice!
    If you PM me justsaying1(at)that hotmail dot com place I'll send you the link to our site and you can see the models, (not from yesterday though) etc..

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...