Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Winter Can Suck It Already

UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nothing I hate more are the people who run from their cars to the office front door (less than 30 feet) and feel compelled to tell me how shitty and cold it is outside..  wwwhaaa whhaaa whhhaaa of fucking whhaaaa
You were outside (going from your house to car, car to office) for a total of what, 2 mins and you think you're entitled to bitch about how yucky it is?

Please child.  Take transit, miss a bus, have a bus be too crowded, get splashed (on bad days) by a big truck or lose your umbrella, and by the time you get to work you're more than entitled to have a little foot stomp about how shitty it is outside.

This morning was no exception. Love this girl, but my gawd, really?
She parks in a carport at home. The only time she is exposed to the elements is walking from car to office.. seriously, it takes less than 10 seconds to walk it... today, she worn rain boots for that long walk. Brought a change of clothes cos it was "raining" outside, after driving to work in her warm car and not having her personal space invaded by rude, smelly people, spilling their coffee on you while trying to read the paper at the same time.   UUUGGGHHHH.

Don't get me wrong, our transit system is pretty good all things considering the amount of ground it can cover. But for the love of gawd, don't complain to the transit user about how shitty things are when you drive.

When I have a car, I've always been cautious about saying anything about the weather (unless it's snowing, cos then everyone is fucked) to people who take transit. Especially those who might be fetching my coffee in the morning. (that was an old job, I get my own now)

I know being a Bitter Betty doesn't suit anyone and knowing you can not see me as I write this, I'm actually smirking at my computer right now. That special smirk when someone truly stupid crosses your path, and you think "good thing you're pretty, or your hair is really nice today"... Hoping one day they all have to take transit when the next monsoon passes thru. :) Nope not evil. Not at all.

Here is my advice to you today Dear Readers; If you drive, please keep your two bits to yourself about the weather when talking to co-workers who take transit. Not everyone is as nice as me and you might find a loogie or a sneeze in your coffee......just saying.

6 comments:

  1. HAHA...summer will be here soon...I promise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who doesn't drive - don't even have a licence. I find this mentality in town really frustrating. I like transit - I intentionally choose transit and as such I try to keep my own frustrations to a verbalized minimum - I bitch to Translink if there is an issue. But you are right, buses come late, they come early, they're full etc. and we just come prepared and we don't complain. I know dress appropriate, bring a book/coffee/ipod and enjoy the ride.

    As to the complainers - REALLY? So Vancouver isn't Miami, but it sure isn't Prince George, Toronto or Winnipeg, and the rain is never that bad that you need a change of clothes.

    Once again you're sane and others are not, rest assured in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. S&P as always you have a way of putting what I want to say into a more simple version of my ranting. We do commute as prepared as we can be. The ipod helps for sure.

    Jeff- Thanks, I hope you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only used public mass transit a few time and that was while living in Hawaii, so I will not say anything about how yucky it is outside JUST FOR YOU!

    :D

    Spring is just RIGHT there-- you can almost touch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you apologize. You let that hate out of your heart! It's therapeutic.

    Bitter Betty gets to stay until Spring. That's that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caleb - Sigh... That it, Bitter Betty is just under the surface until I no longer have to wear winter gear to get to work. "Caleb said so"

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...