I met Peter via his blog a few years back online. We've never met in person...yet. ;-)
However, he is one of the most brilliant men I've ever met.
He created HARO. 'Help A Reporter Out'. He takes what most people see has an annoyance, road block or brick wall and makes it work FOR him. A.D.H.D and all....or ADOS (Attention Deficit OH SHINY!) lol, still one of my favorite posts. Unfortunately the link to that post is no longer available or can not be found. You'll just have to take my word for it.
Throughout his blog, I learned I was already networking on different levels, just not utilizing it to it's fullest potential. I make it work for me now, in my social circle, and at work. I've met wonderful people from it, and introduced business connections to others etc, from one very basic rule; "Know Your Audience." Everyone you talk to is a potential client/friend/lover/ etc.. If not for you for someone else. In short, implementing some of his rules, I've upped my social life by coming out of my shell a bit more, and mingle a little more freely with a little less anxiety.
Check out his latest blog entry, and of course all those previous to it.
Facebook-and-email-are-not-distractions-but-necessities.
Or just run, yes run, out and buy one or both of his books.
Happy reading my favorite stalkers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I think I'm going to be keeping my eye on Mr. Shankman. He really does tell it to you straight, and doesn't mess around. He also has a good sense of humor. I need to take the plunge and get on to Facebook. Thanks for the heads up on Peter Shankman.
ReplyDelete@Bothered - You won't be disappointed. :-)
ReplyDeleteHARO is also a super super asian way of saying HELLO.
ReplyDeleteHARO!!!!!
i say it all the time :\