Monday, 4 April 2011

Sourpuss

I am miserable this morning. I really should have stayed home.
I was in a perfect mood this morning until I got off the bus with a co worker.
We work on a busy thur road. For those of you that do not know what that is, its a friggin busy street used by large trucks and semi's that are not allowed to use the regular business routes due to weight and height restrictions etc.

Anywhoo, this co worker saw a semi coming around the blind corner and ran out in front of it!!!! In the rain! This is the second time she's done this in the last few months that I've been witness too.  What pissed me off even more, is when I yelled at her at the office (okay not yelled but was mega pissed and shaken up by by the reality of what almost occurred)....she giggled and shrugged her shoulders. 

ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The frustration in that is enough to make me cry.
She has a family, a husband and two kids and see absolutely NOTHING wrong with how close she came to getting smoked by a semi doing easily 70 km (that's 44 miles) on a corner where he could not see her. We can see the headlights on the median.  I tried to explain to her, semi's do not stop on a dime like cars can.  He would have been another few hundred feet past us by the time he could come to a complete stop after dragging her body with him.  Again, she shrugs. And then wonders why I'm so worked up. "Nothing happened", she said.   "This time." I uttered as I walked away so I wouldn't shake the stupidity out of her.

It's set the mood for today. The thought that she could be so careless with her life. And for my own selfishness that I do not want to claim her body or what I would have seen. So yes, I'm a little shaken up and riled up as she giggled at the situation.  It's harden me a little today. How or why should I care the next time it happens and she does get hit. Should I just shrug and giggle?

I want a do over on this morning.

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that girl when it happens. That's completely selfish of her to do that to you! Not to mention her family -esp. the kids.

    Suggest counseling? With either a DR or a religious dude/dudette? Something.

    It's not normal for people to do that. At the very least, tell her that it is her business what she does, but to respect you enough to do that kind of stuff AWAY from you.

    wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kas - SHe is religious. Chinese practicing.
    Myself, I do not need any counselling for this. Had it happened. Then yes, for sure.

    Just so stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction. She is chinese and practicing faithfully in her religion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get a do over tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for a do over today too - or maybe a fast forward to Friday at 4pm

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! DO OVERS!! I like those!!

    How'd it go today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I calmed down towards the end of the day.
    THis morning was the same as yesterday.

    This morning I made a point of watching her.
    She got off the bus, ran behind it and never even LOOKED to see if cars were coming and ran across the road. Thankfully none were but I'm starting to wonder if she has a death wish?

    I'm going to stat taking a different bus (the one after her) just so I will come upon her crushed body and not actually see if happen nor will I have to be the first on scene.

    Cold hearted? Maybe but no one should be that delibertly careless. I do not have to subject myself to witnessing her demise that could have been prevented should the worse case happen.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...