Tuesday, 5 April 2011

1 Down, 4 To Go.

I survived a 13 minute call with my sister TracEy (don't forget the E cos she will go friggin ballistic on you) and did not want to kill her, or myself at the end of the call. That would be a SUCCESS!

This particular sister is a treat. A treat I tell you! They broke the mold with her, and not in a good way. We refer to her as Marcy Darcy. You know, from Married with Children.... The Annoying little neighbour? That is my sister TracEy.  From the hair cut, to the patronizing looking down her nose at you voice, the wardrobe etc...Can't make this shit up. That is my sister. This may sound harsh, but I am so glad she saved the world from more of her by choosing not to reproduce. Woot! You're Welcome World.  At the end of tax season we have tentative plans for lunch. We'll see.

If you've been reading me for a while, you know I am not close with my siblings.  They are 5 of them and all much older than myself. Second youngest to oldest range from 12 years to 19 years older. I grew up as the baby and the only child. I was spoiled in ways as I did not have share anything. I did not have hand-me-downs. I did not have to share a room, I got to play sports every year etc.  There was is a lot of animosity towards me. Although they will all claim there is not, they way they talk down to me, treat me and dismiss my concerns, speak much louder than them claiming they like me, never mind love me. Read  here and here

Ok back on track here.

I'm not sure what came over me this past week. I've been having all sorts of dreams that involved my childhood, memories I've repressed, although not bad memories I haven't thought about them in some time, or ever.  This prompted me yesterday, without thinking to call 4 siblings, 1 niece, 1 cousin.

Results. 3 messages left, 2 conversations had. 1 no answer. I have one brother I won't bother with. He never returns the effort. I have no problems with him, we touch base every year but that's it.

Not sure how any of these contacts will result with anything positive, and not even sure why I'm doing it.
Maybe cos I'm in a place where I'm done trying to get their approval, have been for a long time.

I'll leave you here now, as I'm still trying to make sense of what prompted myself to ever call them after all the years of being blown off.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't have hand-me-downs. You'd have been a decade or two out of style!

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...