overcoming abuse and leaving is a link I found from the Province LC lives in.
I'm putting together some links for her to read. This link I've provided you reads like a text book of her current situation.
I've got the name and phone number of 3 local shelters in her area. I'll be calling them tonight.
I've forwarded all this to her and asked her to read it when jerk face isn't home. And to safe the infor in several places in case he gets access to her email or facebook. I've forwarded it to her sister too. In case she chooses not to contact me.
As soon as I learn where she works, I'll be informing her employer too. Thinking hard on this one, cos although as her boss he/she has a responsibility to protect their staff... or you'd think so... it's a very small town and gossip travels quickly and although this person might be her boss, this person also be friends with her ex. Once I learn more about her position at work and who she's close too etc, I'll track that person down and send them some infor.
I don't want to stir the pot more or poke the bear, I just want her to be safe and know there are people willing to help. Even if she is feeling helpless and defeated.
Input... GO.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I think you are doing a GREAT thing and I hope your friend sees you as being correct with all this.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the kids- you're right, she's got to lead by example. My Ex's new wife tried to fill my kids w/ all sorts of crap, and although it was very hard to not sink to her level, I just continued to SHOW them I loved them EVERY SECOND and now they can see her for the manipulative byotch she is. They came to that conclusion on their own and I think (w/o knowing it) they respect me more for not sinking to their level.
Your friend will be OK, but it will be a LONG road and I wish you both luck and prayers!
~Kas