The side effects had all subsided for a bit, or I just got use to them. Just a while ago, everything started to feel yucky again. Fatigue, heavy nose bleeds, aches and pains, headaches, complete lost of appetite, sleepless.
Those have been the vain of this treatment. I've said it many times before, individually, these side effects are all very minor. Cluster them together and its a pain in the ass at times. I hate feeling this tired.
Physio guy has recommended that I not exercise at all while on this, or I could misinterpret those aches and pains for pulled muscles etc. Of course I had to ask if the kink in my neck was a result of this. He replied, "no", I was defiantly gibbled in the neck. I have one more treatment with him and then I'll be done. He's a man of his word. 4 sessions. Each week there is way less pain and discomfort than before. So unless I conveniently hurt myself before the next session, that will be the last time I see Mr. Physio guy for a bit. :(
I must find a way to casually bring up being facebook pals. ;-) Ya I'm unprofessional at times. Or I'll just continue to stalk him via his wife's page. :)
Sorry off track - Accutane.
I had my nose cauterized on Thursday. It's not fun. Not my first time having this done, but it's been over a decade since the last time I'm sure. It's like a long Q-tip, they rub it around the inside of your nose. It's uncomfortable, and tastes even worse. Metallic. YUM. Then you're told not to sneeze, swallow, blow your nose, or spit for an hour, oh and keep your fingers out of your nose. ????? Hahahahahah ever try and stop a sneeze, or not spit out the bug you just swallowed? Good luck. Since Thursday, I"ve only had very minor bleeds. No need to blow constantly anymore.
My fingers are in my nose on a regular basis to lube it with Vaseline. Aside from that, I'm not helping any scabs release etc...ew, ya I know.... That's what he meant, and I completely understood. Cos the urge, no matter how disgusting it seems, to stick your finger in your nose and help release all that crap building up, well it's pretty damn tempting.
More blood work this coming Saturday and hopefully I get approved for another few months. Maybe at a higer dose, cos I really do not want to have to redo this cycle at any time in the future.
I drank a bunch of non-alcoholic beer on Saturday while entertaining Dan's bad manners. Turns out you can still get a hangover. All that hops, barley, wheat and preservatives do a number. Massive headache yesterday. Plus it doesn't help it was bad beer to begin with. One waitress was hoping it would start to taste better after a few more.. no chance. I'll stick to buying the non-alcoholic Heineken type... I think it was called Becker's.
Ok, I think that's it. 3 posts in less than 24 hours, I think I'm all up to date. ;-)
WOW! 3 Posts in less than 24 hrs.... GOOD!
ReplyDeleteI hate that the meds are making you feel icky-- sometimes I wonder if it's worse to just not take them. The dr wantes me to slowly wean off my crazy pill and I'm scared of what I'll be like if/when I do and the side-effects of weaning....
Oy....
@Kas - Accutane in itself is fairly easy to take. Everyone has different side effects. Thankfully with these, there is no weening off, you can stop cold turkey. In my personal opinion with the turmoil I've had with my persistant acne, I wouldn't stop taking them unless blood work says I must. Now that I'm starting to see results, I must tell myself I can do this.
ReplyDeleteWeaning off the crazy pills. Do not do it unassisted!!! I had to take anti-depressants and mood stablizers for a few years to manage the break down I had after my mum passed away. Thankfully my shrink was awesome about it. Told me I may be medicated for a a short time or a long time... but you have a voice and can tell the doctors you do not like the way that particular pill makes you feel and request different ones. 3 yrs later and 6 pills later, we found something. I'm med free now, but without a doubt, that medication saved my life.
There is less and less stigma attached to it all. Weaning is done slowly for a reason. No rush to come off them if they're working for you.
You're a rockstar for doing something to help yourself. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.