Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Make up your friggin mind already...

It's going to be a long week.
I'm currently covering the position assistant to the President of our Bargle Company. In short, all that means is that I screen his calls. Easy right? Or so you'd think. 

He is very very specific about how you screen his calls. Normally we can get away with just asking who's calling etc, and see if he's available. The past week or two, it's gone from  - 'he's not available and take a message', to 'he's in a meeting, take a message', let him know, call the caller back and advise he's not available'. Ummm... I think they got that when we took a message.

Just got my ass chewed out for putting his Father through. Not directly, but I did not do the spiel I was supposed too, it's his DAD!  I mean if I did  the spiel, he'd give me shit, cos it's his Dad. If I didn't, well I get in shit cos it's his dad. 

Make up your mind, be consistent.

He then wants me to call him with his messages but his extension is forwarded to his assistant who isn't here and we're on strict instructions not to page him .... so, I emailed him. *sigh* no, he wants his messages over the phone.  Then forward your extension to me!  Normally this isn't an issue at all, but it seems he's taking great pride in being difficult this week.  He causes me mild anxiety.

Needless to say, I do not envy his assistant who puts up with his mood swings on a daily basis.
Don't get me wrong, he's a lovely man ...when he wants to be. However if he doesn't like you, good luck.  The work wife made a very valid observation... he reacts to his exact emotion at the time.  oh yyay!

Hey! At least I've graduated from grunts to him replying "morning" without the glares in the past few months.. (I've been here 4 years)

3 comments:

  1. wow i couldn't handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Been there, done tha. I used to work as an executive assistant for one of the most anal retentive, pushy, moody and annoying woman ever. Sometimes these clowns confuse an assistant with modern day slavery! Hope this is a short assignment for you and you can get back to uh.. More civil people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hangover - He's normally quite easy to work with/for these short periods, but he's been in a mood for a few weeks now, and I only have to cover for his EA til Friday. :)

    It's just annoying. No need to be that difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...