It happened so gradually I didn't even feel it til the day before last.
I have dry eyes. Wait, according to my optometrist, I have severely dry eyes.
Day before last I was poking at my one eye a little. It looked as though I might have contracted pink-eye. Though it didn't hurt, or goop the way it should etc. Then thought, maybe I scratched the cornea or something stupid like that. For the last two months, I did notice my eyes felt a little irritate at night. Thought it was our on/off again summer or stupid allergies.
I have severely blocked eye lid ducts. Fuck you Accutane.
He gave me a cleaning ritual with special eye lid wipes, hot compresses and drops (4x a day) Think of the way you would unclog a pimple or a boil. Same idea here, but with my eyes. They don't hurt, but feel like I have one giant sty in my eye. :(
(ya that wasn't meant to rhyme).
He did the first treatment there in the office chair. Absolute bliss! I could feel my eyes say "ahhhhh thank you" as they were cleaned and lubricated properly.
So let's recap my restrictions again while on this drug.
*No sun.
*No alcohol.
*No Sex (unless taking a secondary birth control)
*NO EYE MAKEUP!..moving forward
FML. Kill me now.
You've taken away the last thing that makes me feel pretty on the outside.
Or even human for that matter.
Mascara is not a optional choice for most women, its a necessity!
I have blonde lashes, red hair(naturally), extremely fair skin, and do not tan.
I look like a walking zombie!
I hate you Accutane.
You better make my skin immaculately amazing! just sayin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I couldn't even read this all the way through. Ohhh you poor thing! just thinking of you having to go through all that for your eyes..yikes.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Good thing you don't wear contacs.... do you?
ReplyDeleteThankfully ladies after one treatment of the new ritual,(takes about 15 mins at night- just once a day) my eyes are feeling and looking MUCH MUCH better!
ReplyDeleteNo I don't wear contacts. :)
I'm never leaving the house without the eye drops again. Those are amazing! 4 x a day.
I did not think there would be such a huge improvement so quickly. :)
Which eye drops are you using? I could get you some free samples - hell someone should benefit from me not up and quitting yesterday. I seriously think my lack of patience is directly proportional to the amount of time I have left.
ReplyDeleteS&P - Sorry to hear things are not going smoothly over there.
ReplyDeleteI'm using Lid-care towelettes and Systane Ultra high performance.
Hope that is enough infor. Thanks for the offer doll! Are you around this weekend? wait, I'll just call you. lol
Wa-wa-whaaaaa??? NO SEX? No fun of any kind ever?? Accutane is the Mussolini of skin medicines it seems.
ReplyDelete+followed
@Elliot - I chose to abstain while on the accutane. I don't do well on birth control pills as it is, and since this drug is hard on your body, I chose not to put more into my body than necessary.
ReplyDeleteI can have fun, and I do, but no sex. :( Building character I tell ya!
Would you be able to die your eyelashes? (I have a kit I got at London Drugs that seems pretty gentle but totally darkens for a couple of weeks)
ReplyDelete@Vic - I could but I won't.
ReplyDeleteMY eyes are much much better, so I"m wearing mascara again but only when I'm going out for the day etc.