Sunday, 4 September 2011

Holiday Recap

Still on holidays. Well, technically my holidays are over, but they ended the day before the long weekend. Soooo I'm still on holidays. lol

Now that my company has left, and my weekend guest had to cancel, I'm sitting still.
All fidgety and stuff. Everyone is out of town for the weekend. Even the roommate is away visiting his g/f and family for the long weekend. I'm bored.

Can only clean the apartment so many times. lol

My house guest CM came into town a day late, but we made up for it quickly. Long long hours shopping on Robson St. CM made Robson her bitch. It was crazy how much money she spent in two days on the strip.

We spent our down time at the Vancouver Art Gallery, where I was assigned my own personal security detail after taking a picture of a display. I didn't know it was a display, honest. I thought it was funny, I got busted using my little cell phone camera but those walking around using their iPads to take pictures every 5th or 6th person weren't even acknowledged. What did security think they were doing, comparing notes?

I almost bought a bed frame at Ikea. The one I'd been eyeing for a year now went on sale. Or so I thought. The difference in price was returned to you in gift cards that had to be spent IN Ikea. So in retrospect, it's not a sale at all. I passed. I don't shop at that store often enough to buy the bed frame on sale and spend the savings on stuff I do not need or want.

I think I'm going to hit up an antique alley in New Westminster and try my luck there. I have something specific in mind, and while I don't mind spending good money on an item, I want it to last for awhile. However this item isn't a huge priority on my list. The trip back east next year and a newer car are first. Unless of course the price is very right.

It's only been a week, however I have a roommate update for ya.
He's ghostly quiet. It's crazy. He picks up after himself, he doesn't leave a lake of water on the floor in the bathroom after shaving or brushing his teeth.  He doesn't intrude my space, and stands outside my open bedroom door and asks if he can come in before walking in even though the door is open. Respect!

We're splitting the cost of making some soups and casseroles next week. (his suggestion) I'm going to learn to use a slow cooker and make soups for the first time ever....don't judge me.

So far so good. I think he might survive the next 3 months. :-)

3 comments:

  1. My holidays also end today... I am NOT looking forward to work tomorrow!
    I only learnt how to use a slow cooker last year.
    Brilliant, when I remembered to get up early enough before work to stuff everything in it and then turn it on...
    Rubbish, when I forgot to do all that, but somehow thought I had, so spent all day looking forward to beef stew when I got home from work, only to find out there was nothing!

    Hope you do a better job casseroles than I ever did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two slow cookers in the past, but I seem to be with non as I lose them to old roommates. Funny how people think something belongs to them when they didn't bring it into the apt.

    I have a few casseroles I do well. The roommate does not. He has the slow cooker down, I do not. We're trading our talents and saving costs at the same time. Winning.

    It's labour day here tomorrow, so I have more day off. I plan to use it sleeping in, and having a soak in the tub, drinking my non fucking alcoholic beer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY on finding a GREAT (sounds like) roommate!! Too bad he can't stay longer, huh??

    I LOVE my slow cooker!!

    I'll dig up some recipes my family likes and email them! They're easy-schmeezy too!!

    God bless the long weekends!

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...