Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Accutane. Thanksgiving. Xmas

Friday was, what I'd hope would be my last appointment with the dermatologist. Not so. I'm probably looking at a year on this as long as I can tolerate it. 

7.5 months in and we've changed the dose from 40mg a day to a 40/80 every other day. As long as my body will tolerate it and the bad cholesterol stays down, (which btw is down to 3.2 now, started at 2.3 and spiked to 5.2) we might finish on this dosage.

It's been a bad month for bone pain, aches and pains. Not unusual later in the treatment. I've still yet to find any blogs that continue after 4 months at a regular dose.
At first I thought taking the accutane in the summer might be bad with dryness etc. Now that it's cooling off and the air is changing, and not to mention turning the heat on in my apt, just to take the chill off....well winter might be worse for the side effects. My eyes and inner nose are dying from dryness. No amount of Vaseline or drops seems to be help. I'll adjust.

Good news.... my liver is holding up with the limited alcohol I've been ingesting. woot!

Ok, moving on...

Thanksgiving...

#1 Pet Peeve: People who are notoriously late.
I waited 30 mins in a very unsavory area of crackville, waiting for my ride. I texted her to say I was waiting 15 more minutes then heading home.  My ride arrives almost immediately, and I'm promptly asked why I didn't call??.....

I'm sorry?? If I said I'd be at Point A @ 3pm, you should be here at 3pm. I shouldn't have to call unless I've missed a bus or something happens. If I can get here on time via transit, you should also be able to arrive on time via a car. (unless there is an accident etc).

Those kind of things annoy the friggin piss out of me! Anyone who knows me, knows I'm always on time. ALWAYS! Unless it's out of my control. I'm flexible with friends who have small children, cos I know how that can go down. Though no kids, don't be late. If you can get to work and meetings on time, you can arrive to our plans on time too.

Moving on to the good stuff.
Dinner was amazing! Company was good. Laughter and memories. Turkey Coma = bliss. I'm still recovering from the turkey induced coma over the weekend. I might not have to eat until next week.

Xmas.
Talking to one of my sisters over the weekend, she happened to ask again if I'd be in town for Christmas. I had mentioned it a few times earlier in the year that I would be. I received a formal invite (not a, "you know you're always welcome", bullshit comment).
It's official. I'm spending Christmas with my one sister, niece and grandniece. :)

I have Xmas shopping to do! The first time in 6 years that I've had to go out and buy actual gifts. Kind of excited. I'll start and finish next week. :)

This is a big deal. I haven't spent Christmas with any blood family in 10 years. The Xmas after my Mum passed away was the last time all of the siblings were in the same room on a holiday.

I'm emotional, scared and excited all at the same time. Kind of feels like all the effort I've put out to make sure we all stay in touch, is slowly starting to pay off. Now, I will never hold my breath to see all the siblings in the same room again. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the little successes of lunch dates and not end up with tables turned or siblings in the river etc... I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. I hate people who are late period. If you're late, at least let people know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!

    She wasn't running late at all, she wasn't even trying. She was sitting at home waiting for me to call her!!!! Even though she knew I'd be at Point A AT 3PM!!!

    I know it should be minor in the grand scheme of things, but man does it piss me off royally.

    I often wonder about people who are always late for personal things, and how they've stayed employed all this time? Cos anyone who is late that often couldn't be on time for anything else, could they? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...