With the uncertainty of my future employment, my trip back east to see my family has been put on hold. There are too many variables to cover at the moment. The short of it is, retaining employment will trump visiting my family back east in the spring. Again.
Sadly, I'll have to take the savings for my much needed trip and buy a car. I wanted to buy a car out of want not need. Is there really a difference though?
Ya cars are expensive, though being on my own schedule and not transits, it worth the difference in cost alone. Currently it costs me $1320 a year in transit passes. And my bus only runs once an hour after 8pm m-s and once an hour all day on Sundays. Oh and it stops running altogether after 11pm all week.
My insurance a year for a few different models/years will be less than what I pay for transit. I have a great rate. Thank gawd! Add gas, car payments and I'm still seeing it as being easier in many aspects of my life. It may not be the car I want, however it will be a car nonetheless.
I haven't started to panic yet. There are a few more announcements to come. Once we know more, then I'll freak out accordingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment