I'm dating.
Two guys actually. Sort of. Not exclusively.
I have not mentioned anything until now, cos I wasn't sure either of them would make it to a 2nd, let alone a 3rd date.
It's a little weird to be dating and not tell a single soul, or bring them around the house. I don't need to give the roommate any ammo to be a jerk with. He thinks he's funny sometimes, when it really only funny in his head. Detour.
The guys.
Fun, handsome, but not ridiculously good looking, just the perfect amount. Employed. Single. I've had to bite my tongue hard many times, cos I have the voice of a friend nagging me "you do not always have to call bullshit", when they tell a story trying to impress me with this or that, and I really want to call them on it. Then I realized maybe this is why I'm not good at dating. Men (people in general) do not like to be called out on shit. Shit they may honestly think will win them brownie points.
Bonus points for these two men, for the following:
*NOT TALKING ABOUT EX GIRLFRIENDS.
*MONEY.
*SEXUAL PREFERENCES.
*OR ASKING FOR MINE.
They are clearly doing well for themselves, no need to advertise it. The ex's. They've both said things about them in passing, when asked, and both did not have a single bad thing to say. BONUS POINTS! Not sure why men think they're impressing us when they talk shit about an ex. Cos really, all we hear and think is "Wonder what he'll say about me?" -5 points.
They call (see"no texting") to say Hi. Arrive on time. Call (see"no texting") when they've arrived to pick me up. They open doors. Pay for dates, even though I offer every time. Ask about my life. There is a balance with these two men.
The work wife had said, I'd paid my dues with bad roommates in the past. Now I have a good one. Contemplating the same reasoning for this round of dating. I've been on enough bad dates in the past, and took a break for the last 2 years altogether. Now, I have two men interested, treating me the way I wish all men would treat women on their dates.
That's all of the information you're going to get at the moment. Call me superstitious, but there is something to be said for not talking about it so far.
Thursday, 10 November 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
HALLELUJUAH!!!!!!! The men in this town finally realized what a jem they were leaving untouched. Well whatever you want to do or say - I'm glad someone or someones are treating you with respect.
ReplyDeletesorry that's gem not jem - good gracious I think I need a brain transplant or something.
ReplyDeleteTwo dates. Yay! What a pick me up.
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, I always told guys they were full of shit too when I was dating. Because they usually were. It usually depended on what they were exaggerating about. Honesty goes so far. You don't have to exaggerate or try to impress me. Just be cool, man. :-)
Hopefully, there'll be more updates on this situation. I'm on pins and needles.
Several dates = two men.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies. I'm going to have to make a solid decision in the coming weeks, as we're getting to the part where intimacy starts to play a roll.
I won't be intimate with both after the first time... I'll have to choose.
Yes, I'm going to test drive both of them.. *ahem* It's a must. ;-)
Yay!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on your test drive! Don't drive the car so hard you break it!
ReplyDelete@Beer. lol would never drive the car too hard. Needs to be in good working order for some time.
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're the second person who has (finally) been able to shed a silver lining on the dating dilemma.
I agree - don't talk about it too much because it really does seem like a jinx.
Are these the "something to do" type of guys or "something to consider"?
Either way, enjoy the types of things men SHOULD do that we've come to think are extraordinary.
At first they were both "something to consider", now, it's one to consider, one to do.
ReplyDeleteI'm being very relaxed about it all. Not rushing forward wasting time wondering when/if we'll become exclusive. Just letting it happen.
One is taking the league, for the shear fact he calls (see no texting) to just chat. Because he can.
The other one, while attentive, only calls when he's horny. He doesn't say that, but he calls at night, only at night, (9-11) to makes plans for that night in those hours. Dude, seriously, I have to get up at 5am during the week, (he's been reminded many times) and I'm usually in bed by 10pm.
He's also the same guy who hated sports and hockey. He's nice etc, but I'm losing interest and I think he is too. He ends our phone calls when I mention I'm watching the game etc, or want to go to one etc.... He hates it that much.