Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Job Offer Updates.

Rumours are running rampant this week of people turning down offers, new offers being made by default of said turn downs. People asking to be bought out now, leave early, and still receive their severance. It's crazy. Only one person has been reported to lose their package. How much truth there is behind that? No one knows.

Alas, I'm still slightly hurt. Yes, yes, I know I couldn't take an offer if one was provided, but it would be nice to know that at least they wanted me.

I've been asking myself, with the way things have been going down, would I really want to work for a company that is so unorganized (maybe these are normal transactions) that they are now offering positions to people who stirred the pot so badly and vocally announced their disappointment, just so I can avoid the stress of finding new employment? Part of me says yes, just out of shear panic and what if's. The other half of me says HELL NO. Been there, done that.

I never wanted to pull the entitlement card, but come on!!!
There are some people who received offers that clearly shouldn't have been.  (my opinion). You can tell simply by their demeaner.

I am starting to freak out a bit. I have 30 days, 22 of those being work days to secure a new job for Jan 3rd. Or I have to dip into my severance.  Really not an option I want to consider.

I've applied, applied and applied, with no results. I'm quailifed,more than so in some cases. I'm not concerned about that. Though I wonder if my availability date has something to do with it.

Here's to things looking more positive and promising in Decemmber.

3 comments:

  1. Traditionally, in the countries I've worked in, the budget year starts on January 1st, so right now a lot of companies don't want to hire people as it has to come from this years budget.

    Come January there are generally always more jobs available and companies willing to hire. Unfortunately that might not be the best option for you if you are trying to avoid reaching into the severance.

    Hope it all works out for you though :) I'll be joining you on the job hunt come February myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that can be crossed -- is!! (my hubby thanks you for that!)

    It will come and when it does, it will be
    MAH-VA-LOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JOutlaw - Thanks. You're right, but I don't want to wait. This is the panic talking. I'm okay for two months after my severance runs out. But that's not what I want to do. Ultimately, I would for my severance to be an extra jump start on my savings and have a nice little nest egg for rainy days.

    Hope you do not have to wait long for a job to snatch you up! Good luck!!!

    @kas - I don't understand the first sentence?
    I hope it comes, and soon. Thanks for your support hun.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...