The work wife and I were chatting last week, and I said something about updating my blog. Which to she replied, "I know, I do read your blog. Sometimes I learn more there than you tell me. It would be nice to know you were dating".
:=( I felt bad.
Not talking about the dating was hard. I tell the work wife everything. But this was working out well and the only thing I'd done differently was not talking about it. I wanted to tell her. It did feel like I was keeping a secret from her. I was, but not out malicious intent. Just from Murphy's Law.
I explained, (which she already knew), the blog was for venting and sometimes it's just easier to blog about it, than to share the grief or stress of what is bothering me with friends. Not weigh them down with my whining etc.
I'm a pretty open book. My heart and life are mostly on my sleeve. I don't keep much to myself, ever. And while some people appreciate that, other's don't, hence one the reasons I blog.
I'm sure the work wife understands, but I do feel bad she felt like I was keeping something from her. It wasn't that I don't trust her. I do. Whole heartily.
I'm going to miss working with her. I'm not ready for a new work wife. lol
Sunday, 20 November 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
My blog isn't read by anybody in my family. My husband knows it exists, but he never bugs me about what I write because he knows it's a healthy exercise for me.
ReplyDeleteWhen you feel ready to reveal things, you will. Sometimes you just need a bit of time. It might just be easier to tell your followers stuff than people you know in real life.
nice blog, +followed! (:
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a work wife. Hell... I wish I had a place to go to each day that doesn't give me a headache.
ReplyDeleteKudos to the boss for letting you get your identity stuff straight.
Good to 'talk' to you last nite :)
@kas it was a nice chat last night. The Blueberry tea's (3 in four hours) were just what the doctor ordered.
ReplyDeleteI'm not ready to have a new work wife.
@Anonblog. - Welcome to the chaos!
@McGillicutty. Only one family member reads my blog and that's a surogate Mum of sorts. Other than that, the work wife an old co-worker/friend, and one highschool friend, are the only people I know in real life that read my blog. Aside from other bloggers I've put faces too. :)
You're right, sometimes it is easier to vent anonymously than it is to do in person. But I get her point I do. And I feel bad that she felt left out or that she ever felt like she was no longer my confidante.