Saturday, 31 December 2011

I have lost ALL faith in men....

You know how facebook's sidebar will occasionally show you "who you might know"?...... Ok.

I can't sleep. It's 01:30am. I'm playing on facebook and who do I see, but a guy I met on that plenty of fucking liars place dot com. A man I nicknamed "The slowly processing twit". Arbolog, you'll probably remember this one....That was being kind, and yes that is what I named him. He was good on paper. He liked me. I liked him, but not enough to move forward. It just didn't click.

I clicked on his profile and whola, his profile is public. Let the creeping begin.  click, boring pictures, click, more pictures of his cat, click......stop. stares. WTF!?

He got married a month after our last date! W.T.F?!!!

So was meeting women openly on that plenty of fucking liars place dot com a last ditch to get your feet wet before walking down the isle? We had 4 dates in total. Two of me going to Parksville, two of him coming here.  Okay, I'm not upset we didn't click, I'm pissed that his intentions were never real and he wasted my time, time that I could have been wasting with someone who actually gave a fuck.

Someone please, for the love of Gawd, please, please, explain to me why men do shit like this?

We stayed in touch on/off for a couple years after that. He had said he got serious with someone while finishing up his masters in business, but that was it. I didn't ask more, he didn't offer. A tad serious more I'd say, YOU'RE MARRIED!

Geez, and men wonder why women are jilted, jaded, and non-trusting. No shit Sherlock. FML.

Moving forward, you can refer to me as Good Luck Chuck.

Make that count 16 now. In the last 6 years, anytime I've been single for even the briefest of moments, the men I've dated have either married the girl after me, or have gone back to the girl before me. If they didn't marry, they attempted at becoming 100% committed.

I think this is my roll in the world of dating. To be that person that makes that particular man see what he's missing and run back to his ex or marry the next one.

F.M.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...