Le Sigh. Men suck.
You'll be proud to know I did not humour this invitation. Not even for a second. And made it extremely clear that I wasn't interested and that he should take his vows to his wife a whole lot serious.
An old b/f and I have always been good with boundaries etc. As soon as he got married we did not dabble in the flirting and/or hookups that we use too. I might have had my own issues with men cheating on their g/f's, and doing nothing about it, but married men. I draw a solid line there.
He's recently been in town a few days a week to finish setting up his new company etc. Having been friends for 25 years, we made plans to go for drinks and dinner etc. No biggie. That is, until he started texting me that he was bored, alone and horny in his hotel room and asked if I'd send him some pictures.
WTF!?
I was short, curt and too the fucking point of saying NO! He tried saying it was harmless flirting and that he'd never cheat on his wife etc. I explained to him while he may be trying to convince himself of that, I'm sure his wife would have other thoughts on the matter. It's cheating. It's one thing to look at porn or do some online chatting with a complete stranger. Cos the chances of you actually meeting up with that person are extremely slim. Though, to try and have that same conversation with an ex g/f who lives only minutes away from where you're staying... I'd say your wife will have an issue. It's cheating. All of it. You took vows in front of family, friends and maybe your God. They mean something.
I told him, unless he was capable of being a responsible party in his marriage, I could not meet up with him for dinner and a visit. This threw him completely off. I am no longer his "go-to girl when we're both single", cos we're not both single. Once he realized all the begging and attempted convincing of the "flirting was harmless" wasn't going to work and that I do have a line that can be crossed. I haven't heard from him since. Nice.
I emailed him last night to say, it would be great to see him, made some light conversation about the things he was tying up in town etc, and left it at that. Just trying to put his attempted adulterous to the size and continue on that we've been friends for 25 years. His reply. "Nope, busy". Well, that's that. No more long winded emails chatting about things old friends chat about.
Moving on. Hey Men. Stop being douchy okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I apologize in advance for the saucy language, but it's gotta be said.
ReplyDeleteIf I was in his wife shoes, and I found out my hubby did that, I'd cut his balls off. :-) Just sayin.
That guy is a grade a douche, and it's too bad his wife isn't aware of what a twat he is. Ugh.
The sad thing is, he's never been that guy. At least that I'm aware of. So why now?
ReplyDelete