Thursday, 25 October 2012

I guess this is what I get for not posting for sometime....

You're getting a novel!

I haven't had anything to bitch about, or celebrate. Plus I'm on the computer for 6-12 hours a day, the last thing I want to do other than check my FB, is blog about it.

The new job is going good. Although my department has switched managers due to maternity leave, and wouldn't you know it... I breath wrong and I'm in shit. It's been lots of little things since the new manager took over. Lovely woman, bad management skills. I'm entirely too busy to be bothered with bullshit, I was blown away when some "issues" were brought to my attention.  Granted, I'm not the only one getting in trouble for working hard.

First of all, it's year end. The work load is insane, but doable. I'm fast. So fast in fact, the new manager does not believe I'm completing the work load on my own, or correctly. She is wrong. The work speaks for itself. It's everything from arriving too early to work. (yes, I said too early). What? I don't claim overtime if I'm there early on my own accord, so what's the issue... to being too fast, to being friendly with staff when they come to my desk etc..

Seriously, woman. Pick your battles, cos my deadlines are not being affected. It bothers her so much, we had a department meeting today. No shit. Thankfully, those in the department including the old manager all had my back and each others.  I love my job, the company and the people, so I was floored needless to say, when she had a problem with my stellar performance.

Men
Oh where to begin? I've started an online profile again, and with some success this time I might add. However, I'm entirely too jilted and suspicious of people to run with it, when someone is paying me a compliment. I'm chatting with a few guys, and one who is physically out of my league. He doesn't care though; he says.

The Backup Boyfriend.
Sigh. I still really like the idea of us dating. But it's just not running smoothly. As friends, we don't skip a beat really, but romantically, we are so.not.on.the.same.page.
He has expectations which I think are a little barbaric. Okay, who am I kidding, he wants a wife/slave. Who will do his laundry, cook his meals, and not ask him about his company etc. Ummmm dude, HAVE YOU MET ME?!!! And he scratches his head when he wonders why I'm not jumping on board. Dude, you will be my friend til the end of time, and occasionally when I'm desperate, a booty call, cos really, you lack skills of a 40 yr old man. I don't say that to be malicious, but come on!!! At 40 you think you'd have a trick or two up your sleeve.

And the first one of you that says, "well teach him".. I'm going to smack you. It would be fine if he was late 20 something and still could be taught. At this age, you should know a few things, like reading simple body language. gawd.

Speaking of smacking... I smacked the roommate last night.
He's been poking the bear all week, and took it a step too far. Sadly he happened to be kneeling in front of me when it happened and I smacked him hard on the top of his head. The second it happened, he flinched, and I knew I triggered something. An old memory, a flashback, something. 

I regretted it the very second it happened for a multitude of reasons. 1) Hitting is NEVER okay. Not on any level, and not if he deserved it. 2) The fact that I though smacking someone would make everything better, even for a millisecond, makes me want to barf. 3) That he pushed me so far that I thought this was the only acceptable option to get the point across to stop, and bugger off.

I've been sick with grief all day over it. I've apologized already, and will do so again when he gets home tonight. I'm not expecting him to accept my apology.

That's about it.
I have a few dates lined up this weekend, aside from that, catching up on sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...