For those of you who've read my blog long enough, you know I have stomach issues. Bum Burps.
I have IBD, Colitis, Crohns... depending on what doctor you talk too. The best success has been treating the issues/episodes as they were colitis and/or crohns related, and I have excellent success at keeping things calm.
Everything has been reasonably uneventful until recently....
TMI WARNING!
Couple weeks ago, I had a bit of an issue. Enough so, that a few hours later, it warranted a trip to the hospital. Ugh. Since then, I've seen a specialist (5 days later), slowly cutting gluten from my diet for 6 months as an experiment, I haven't had a proper BM in all that time. Either the texture, or colour is wrong. ugh.
The gastrologist asked me to track every.single.BM from now til it starts to behave more regular. I gringed at the thought of having to track this. That is until I overheard someone on the train talking about a sibling (similar situation) and tracks it with an app!!!
NO SHIT! hahaha ya ya there's a pun.
I am now effortlessly tracking everything on a app called POOPLOG. As silly as it sounds, it's so easy. Not to mention the icon is a small steamy pile of...... well, poop. hahahaha
Every week, I try to eliminate a new gluten from my diet. So far, I've switched pasta, and beer. Avoid soy sauce, and any caramel colouring. Thanks Single & Picky for the advice! I'll be picking your ear more.
I really thought I'd be missing out on some food, or would be hungry having to try sans gluten for a bit. I no longer think that. I'll occasionally miss fried foods.
Next topic coming up......
No comments:
Post a Comment