Saturday, 3 January 2009

DATE #1 0F 2009 - Bucky

Went on a date last night with a guy I went to school with 25 years ago. (grade school then he moved)

I called Bucky at 6 ish to see if he wanted to do something.
My roommate was having a date over and I just wanted to give him some privacy, plus if he got lucky, I didn't want to be home.

Sooooo, thinking we'd go out at a reasonable time, as we're talking, I learn Bucky no longer has a licence due to a DUI... sigh, and he lives in NorthVan.
( an hours drive by freeway, or 2 hours by seabus, skytrain and another bus). THREE HOURS later he arrives just about 10:45pm (he left at 8)

My roommate made a very valid point I had not thought of. He said, "No man would travel that distance by bus and not think he's going to get some action".
Ummmm, Not in this life time, its not a "date date" I tell him, he said it did not matter.
Sigh.

We headed off to the pub and caught up on our lives in the last 25 years. Good times!

Back to my place, 3 pints and 3 shots later. Like clock work, my roommate called it. Bucky tried to get some action. Unfortunately, its 3 am now, and transit stops at midnight, I set him up on the couch, where he promptly spilled a full glass of RED wine on my light carpet, and insisted that SALT would take care of it.

Okay, you maybe saying, SALT? What do I know about getting red wine out of carpet.. I never spill the stuff, I drink it.... so salt it is.

I go to bed, and leave Bucky to sleep on the couch.

8am this morning, I'm laying in bed thinking, Awwwww snuggles feel nice.....WAIT A MINUTE!!!! I left Bucky on the couch who is in my bed?

Not only is he in my bed, he's naked! I jump out of bed, turns out he'd only been there a few minutes. I found his clothes in the living room, and told him it was time to leave.
(in the mean time we got hit with another few inches of snow ontop of the 2.5 feet we already have.... just not normal for Vancouver)

Now back to the wine/salt mix that has been sitting for the last 5 hours.
Salt "looks" like its doing its job until I vaccuum it up... wine is still very much there!
Fine! I'll deal with it my way... dulited bleach. Done. Wine stain gone!

So my first date of 2009 was a bust, here's to the rest being better than last night....right?... Right?.... RIGHT?!!!

Maybe I'll have a better date with Devon....

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love your blog!! Added you to my google reader! Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first date of 2009 was NOT a bust.

    A bust would have been if you'd given in to what he wanted without holding on to what was important to you.

    If I had been in your situation I would have been proud of myself for holding my boundaries, even after drinking.

    Well done Sammi :) x

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...