I stole this title from "A Babe In The Making". I"m sure she will understand.
I do not have a whole lot to blog about in regards to my dating life, cos it's non existent at the moment.
Instead, I've been acutely aware of change. Change is everywhere. In my life, my friends, my family, work, etc. With that being said, the next dew entries will be about small, large, not worth mentioning "change(s)".
Part 1.
I've become aware that I have no arrangements for my final resting spot in life.
Morbid? Maybe. A necessity? Definitely.
After my parents passed away, I realized just how important it is to have taken care of the financial responsibilities regarding your own death. Sure having a will is one thing, but I refuse to put forward that kind of burden on my love ones I've left behind.
My friends,family, spouse etc will be able to grieve, party, tell bad embarrassing stories at my expense, rather than having to worry about if they can afford to cremate me.
I've decided the following. These are my wishes.
I want to be cremated.
All those important to me, surviving me will receive a piece of me to do what they wish.
Drop me in the ocean, travel with me and leave me somewhere,leave me on a shelf in your home and talk to me, make tea out me, or snort me for all I care.
As long as those left behind are to continue celebrating life, can have closure and a say on how I'm deposited back to the universe, they will now be able to do so.
Their way.
Without a fight of who thinks what is best. I'm telling you now, THIS IS BEST.
Do it or I will haunt your ass.
Regardless what anyone else thinks, this is a very responsible move.
Although I have a tone of questions about where, how, when, who, etc. I've made an appointment with my local funeral home to ask and learn.
Anyone who is able, should do something about these arrangements while you're financially in the position to do so.
Part 2.
Back to change.
It is everywhere. I recently was talking to my extended family (aka Momm) and we got on the topic of how at a certain age we tend to think our lives are set. Friends, home, mental health, job/career etc are all stable.
What I forget and continue to learn about myself and my friends is, we are all reading the same novel, but we're all on different chapters. Some at the beginning, some in the middle, some closer to the end.
My point is, we will eventually all arrive on the same page again and move on or back again and on going. I just hope my friends and I, although on different chapters through out life, remain in the same novel together over time.
Thats all for now.... to be continued
Being Samiantha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I'm thinking along the same lines you are... well, not about my final wishes, but about changing things in my life. I said all summer that once September rolls around, I'll be in my routine, but I haven't found that routine yet. So I'm up late cleaning house, hoping that tomorrow, with a clean slate, I'll be able to set that routine in my head and be ready for Monday.
ReplyDelete