Thursday, 6 January 2011

Blah. Can I have some sugar today?

I woke up in a fairly good mood today, even after a weeks worth of a series of weird dreams I had years ago, repeating them. Deja vu in dreams? Weird.

I have a love/hate relationship with public transit.
I hate it for all the usual reasons: I'm on someone elses schedule, if they're late, if effects my day and arrival time for dates, meeting friends, getting to work on time. Plus people smell and are rude.
What I love about it is; it's a constant reminder that the majority of people out there are STUPID!

Common sense and courtesy- ever hear of them? No, I did not think so.

For the most part 95% of the time I try and be polite and give the right people the right of way.
It's when people who refuse to use any form of common sense and courtesy that I blow a fuse quickly.

Getting off the Skytrain. 
It always surprises me at the stupidity of people who stand directly in front of the doors (instead of the side) and try to push their way on before anyone can get off.  On my short fuse days I've been know to shoulder check people and ask the person in my way, "could you wait until I'm off the train before you try to shove your way through me?" of course with a snarky tone... And more annoyed when they apologize like they were unaware that 20 - 30 people are  pushing pass them trying to get off the fucking train.

People standing on the Bus with backpacks.
This is the reason for my bitchiness this morning.

I'm sitting on the bus and someone is standing beside me with his backpack on, not on the floor like all buses and trains suggest you do to avoid taking up space. How about to also avoid smacking me repeatedly in the head then face!!!!

The first few times, it was just a bump, then it became harder and more frequently. Every time it hit me I should guard my face with my hand and shove the bag back towards him. No acknowledgement from him.
But the second time his bag smacked me in the face (not lightly or soft I might add), cos he was swaying his body out of boredom. I pulled the pack off his back, pulling it to the ground, him partly with it to face level and quietly and sternly told him to take the fucking pack off cos it was hitting me in the face. He apologized and said I should have said something.  My reply was; "I SHOULDN'T HAVE TOO! It's common sense you're standing at head level in a cramped space, what did you expect to happen when you started to sway your body back and forth!?" of course as quietly, firmly and politely as I could as to not make a scene noticeable to the whole bus.

People who blatantly refuse to utilize common sense, I have absolutely no patience for.
Not just on the train, at work, in public, etcerta.

I thought people were born with this sense?
Guess I'm wrong, there should be classes taught in it for sure.

Of course now I'm at work and ran into issues with customs and our parcels being held for reason codes they already have the information too, if they took two seconds to actually look at the fucking invoices!

All this before I've been awake an hour and have had no coffee as of yet. :(
I might drink tonight.

8 comments:

  1. You should be writing posts on my blog. You see what I see. You shouldn't have to tell people they're doing something stupid or disrespectful. When you've had enough and say something they act like you're mean or grumpy. It does feel good to get it out though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bothered- Thanks.
    Most days I can let it all slide but days liek today (maybe I'm due for my period) I went from happy to raging mad in -5 seconds. :(

    I try on a regular basis not to let another persons stupidity affect me, but I can not always win.

    Welcome to my blog. :) Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a knack for attracting stupid people. In fact, I seem to be working with most of them. If they would just stop and THINK for all of 2 seconds...!!!!

    I'm not close to my period, but sometimes it IS enough to spin me WAY UP!!

    ~Kas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been off sugar for 6 weeks now.

    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kas- Unfornately I am due for mine. Might explain the quickness to spazz.

    Caleb- Woot! 6 weeks congrats!
    I had 5 weeks under my belt before xmas and then drank a lot of wine/beer etc. Although no desserts, not a one. 2011 I have 6 days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Spanker, not my proudest moment. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, I have to agree that that guy probably had no idea he was hitting you in the face! I do agree though that blocking the exit to the train is very rude. The tube has a reminder playing when a train stops to stay clear of the doors so people can get off. Most people are good about it.

    I say don't let the little stuff bother you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LB@30 - Normally I would agree to not let the little stuff bother me... but there are just some days (pre monthly gift) that you have no control over what sets you off and to what degree.
    Again, it's not my proudest moment ever.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...