Thursday, 27 January 2011

Fan Page

  Had a moment today where I thought, first mistake there, that I would create a fan page for this blog on facebook. :) Yay more readers.....so I thought. (I do not blog to gain numbers, although it is a nice, warm and fuzzy feeling knowing people like to read you)

  Then it occurred to me, that unless I want to change my profile picture on the blog, I'd never be able to use it on my own personal account, ever again. And I like that picture.

  Do I really want to chance anyone from my real life figuring out who I am? If I did I'd just use my real name, wouldn't I? I mean my friends are smart, stupid smart and would probably figure that shit out asap. Besides, I talk about them here sometimes. I do have a very few selected friends I allow to read the blog and they're mentioned here from time to time. The rest. Can just carry on their lives and never know about this special place I come to write about every day things.

So, for now, there will be no facebook page linked to Just Saying.

Do any of you have a fb page linked to your blog? If so, how do you like it?

7 comments:

  1. I used to be very secretive about my little blog when I first started out...even went so far as to write under a pen name. And while eventually I became more comfortable and started using my real name, I still kind of keep it close to my heart. I dunno...I guess b/c I'm worried about having to censor myself and not be as free. But who knows, maybe down the line that will change too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindey - This isn't my first blog, but in the day of social media, linken, myspace etc. future employers could search my name and find it. Another reason to keep it under a pen name etc. We serach facebook for everyone that applies to our company that we're considering etc.

    Welcome to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any links to my blog. I don't need FH finding it where I vented about him altho' I only spoke the truth!

    This is where I try to be me totally and some parts I don't need everyone in my life knowing about...

    ~Kas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live bravely, milady.

    I'll type about anything (obviously) and I use my full name as my actual website address.

    I stand by my shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting that you post this, because while researching the "how to get more readers" searches and that adding a Facebook link was a way, I realized it wasn't that serious. Like you, you initially think that more readers is somehow more fulfilling but it just goes back to what you're purpose in blogging really is. Mine? Therapy. I want to spit it all out and get tired of repeating myself over and over, so why not have a page for the goods?

    I did, however create a FB page but it doesn't get as much attention.

    Don't worry about it...continue doing what you're doing. The faithful ones are here to read.

    And yes Caleb dear, I want to get to that point of using my actual name as well but I'm too chicken $hit. -)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have things interlinked like things were before with my blog. But I have learned that it can make for sticky situations when it comes to your privacy. I would suggest from personal experience keep them separate, but at the same time if you can do the FB page why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not ready to share my blog life with my real life. Not in an uncensored forum anyway.

    I'm not interested in the mass numbers that may be gained should more people decide to read me.

    I like the idea at the moment of being invisable from my real life.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...