The curator from the museum called me this morning (before 8am) he actually back-doored the voicemail so my phone never actually rang. I just happen to notice the icon that I had a new voicemail... sneaky.
As it turns out, he's applied for a job with another museum for a management position. :-{
He asked if he could use me as a reference. At first I was impressed, then he explained that the position required him to have two community volunteers as references as well. I'm still a little impressed, as I've been there less than a year, (far less than some of the volunteers who give many more hours) been working with him only a few months. He hopes to return to our museum at a later date (few years) as a manager, not the curator though.
He apologized repeatedly. Made me giggle a little, but I understand. Right to the bitter end he's looking out for those who work under him. He asked if I'll continue to stay on at this museum. I was honest and said I had just lost a little interest in it, as he makes coming to work enjoyable. He's consistently professional, flexible and encouraging for you to discover what gets you excited, and if that means you're transferring into another venue of the museum, he's happy for you.
I advised, I'd give the new curator a chance, but if it stops being fun and pleasant, then I will not stay, but would return if he returned... (No pressure ;-) )
I would love to walk to up to Crazy C with the last few comments he made. "Now that we won't be working together, we can meet up for drinks once in a while." Of course I'm all over hanging out with people I work with and their spouses. (As long as they're not crazy) I learned that the staff would love to do this more often in fact. They just need someone to suggest it. When I mentioned to Crazy C that I would love to do this when I first started working there, Crazy C often strongly voiced to me that I was a volunteer and that they (f/t staff) do not mingle outside of work with the volunteers. (Add a raised snarky bitter voice when she says this) Even though I mentioned she did, with me..... We all know she is a nut, and that my intuition of her needing others to dislike me more than they dislike her was indeed true. Sad really.
This is bitter sweet.
However I'm thankful for the opportunity & the option to get to know him and his g/f outside of work.
Wednesday, 16 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
But, maybe they know a new dude for you??? maybe?
ReplyDelete:D
It's all good!
Maybe but unlikely someone cool.
ReplyDeleteTHe first thing I really liked about this museum is everyone is young and trendy.
Most museum are filled with people who are 70 and hate their jobs, hence making it hard to be around them for free.
I decided last night, that when he leaves, I'll give my notice for a few months.