Yesterday, I'm not sure what got into me. I've fallen off the bandwagon of not ingesting caffeine or sugar.
I mean really fallen off. So far off, to the point no one called wo(man) overboard and circled around to come get me. :(
This was my intake yesterday. I'm really surprised I haven't slipped into a diabetic coma.
1 Large Vanilla Latte 20oz
2 - 8oz regular coffee's at work with 3 sugar packages each.
2 - 16 oz pops at lunch
1 can of coke after lunch
2 - 20oz bottles of hot water between leaving work and going to bed. (my water bottle is 20oz's, I usually drink 2-4 bottles a day). Not yesterday.
That is more caffeine and sugar in one day than I usually ingest over a month. :(
I'm so ashamed!
On the other hand, I wonder if not feeling so lethargic has anything to do with drinking regular coffee these days and not the fact I've changed the time of day I take the Accutane?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
Caffeine!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're off the wagon because it's delicious. Don't forget.
ENABLER!!!!
ReplyDeleteHuh. I don't usually drunk that much pop and usually only drink it when I'm at someone's house and that's all they have. But it's not unusual form me to drink 2-3 coffees a day and I don't see much point if it's not caffeinated. lol!
ReplyDeleteWait- you drank HOT water? Like, plain hot water? And why is it you can't have all this sugar and caffeine again?
@ES - I find hot water much easier to drink than cold. Plus is gives me the same warm and fuzzy feeling I get from drinking coffee, minus the caffeine and calories.
ReplyDeleteI'm not suppose to have any sugar cos my sugar levels were just a few points shy of becoming type diabetic. So ya, no sugar. I'm pretty careful about it in general but yesterday I was making up for lost time.
Caffeine, well without the sugar, it's just not fun. Plus I got real use to not being all jittery etc. I liked the way I feel without it serging thru my veins. I still have caffeine from time to time, (more often this past two months- since I started the accutane)but will be cutting back severely again.
I haven't fallen off, but I am thinking about jumping...
ReplyDeleteCaffeine..MMmmmmmm TASTY! Actually, I limit mine too- except I drink Tea. Sometimes I'll have coffee at nite after dinner.
Water - that's the only way to go.
@Kas - ya there are those days where I'd give my left arm to eat a whole box of donuts and I do like donuts lol.
ReplyDeleteSurprisingly, caffeine wasn't hard to give up. Just told myself I could not have it... period.
Like I said in a post above here... the HOT water really helps. I do not believe I'd be as successful about cutting back if it had been cold water.
I'm gonna try the warm water thing... I can see where it would help you feel full.
ReplyDeleteTY!
Oh, that's fine. I'd die without caffeine so I don't blame you. It's how I function. And become nice.
ReplyDelete@Kas - YW.
ReplyDelete@WhisperingWriter - Welcome to my blog. :)
Airforce eh... fun. Most of my friend on Vancouver Island are Navy or in Comox at the airbase there... so I understand you being away. :(
@WhisperingWriter - oops, I misread your bio. It's your husband that is away. My apologies, although I still understand the frustrations.
ReplyDeleteSometimes, you need this. The key for me is having a cheat day where I make myself totally sick. Eat a carton of ice cream. Get Chinese. And then my stomach hurts. I have heartburn. I can't sleep because I'm so wired. I can't eat breakfast the next day because I still feel sick. Teaches me my lesson for a couple of months :)
ReplyDelete