Friday, 19 August 2011

I'm Allergic to Stupidity + Good Deed.

Had a great afternoon with the new roommate. We're going to get along just fine!
He laughed pretty hard at his gifts of towels and tube socks, with the card reading, "You can ruin these ones! Enjoy!"   Had a long lunch together, and although I haven't met the g/f, she already has an issue with me. Great.

I blame that on her age though. She's 22, he's 37. That's okay, once she meets me, she'll love me and laugh at herself as to why she was ever worried in the first place. :)

On my way to work this morning, I decided to stop and get a coffee. A younger guy a few people in front of me looked distraught at his bank card, and had told the cafe owner he would try his card at the ATM outside the door etc. Having seen the panic on his face, I knew he wasn't going to have a good day. When I got up to the counter, I got my coffee and bought his. Walked outside to give it to him. Made his day. I read his face right, he was having issues with his card. :( I've been there. Wished him a good weekend as we got on the train, feeling okay with myself that I was able to put a smile smile on someones face with a simple purchase of a special coffee on a day where he probably really needed it. :)

Enter work.
I work with nice people but really stupid with shitty attitudes sometimes.  I would like to blame their flakiness on their ages, 22-27 but it's really not an excuse cos I know many people in that age range who have families, and their shit together.

As I settle at my desk, its a mess. Total mess. And worse, I notice the weigh bills for our afternoon courier are still on my desk!  This is serious and sets me off a little, cos why would you give the driver only half the weigh bills and not the rest, when they were all in the same friggin pile? Those that were left behind, were held at customs.  I did what I had to do to get them released, but I shouldn't have had too. They know the routine. They know how to do this part of my job.  I sent them a somewhat snarky email.

Morning,
Thank you ladies for covering reception yesterday while I was away.

Moving forward, it would be very friendly if every one returned my desk back to its original state when finishing their day.

Please ensure when doing (enter courier name here) that the driver gets ALL the weigh bills. A few parcels have been held as a result of the driver not having his copies to scan. They were left on the desk. I’ve emailed the copies to the customs export agent directly this morning.  I’m sure it was a slight oversight, although next time, I’ll ask you to do this to have them released.


Thanks again for covering my desk yesterday.

Ears on their floor have advised me that this email wasn't well received. And although she couldn't be sure, she thought she might have heard the following phrases being said... "A simple thank you would have been fine".  "I'm not the janitor".

That is a-okay. I really do not care that they are upset. Cos had the tables been reversed, shit would have been flying from their end.

I will follow through with what I said in the email. Next time, I will either call them downstairs to clean my desk area, or to be more of a bitch, I'll take all the mess upstairs and leave it on their desks with a note, "I'm not the janitor". Okay, in reality, I wouldn't leave the note. Though I will leave the mess on their desks.

The portion of my job they have to cover is idiot proof. So the fact they can so nonchalantly mess it up, completely annoys me.

The weekend holds follow up doctor appointments as this Accutane is kicking my butt now. Some live music, non alcoholic beer, sun, and napping!!!!

What does your weekend entail?

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping to go 4-wheel/ATV riding.

    I WISH I had the balls to leave a note like that-- Whenever I want to send an email to a department about how dumb they are, I have to run it ast my boss before I can. It's because I was told that I am intimidating and threatening. (yes, really!).

    I hope to get the bathroom finished too, finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kas - I sat on it for an hour and ran it pass my work wife to take the extra snark out first. But I wanted to make a point. That email was also BCC to their boss and mine.

    Funny as I'm writing this, one those who recieved my email is stomping through my area right now trying to show that she's unhappy... lol

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...