hahah I was thinking of starting a separate blog to log my weight loss progress. Thought better of it. I already have a small following of awesome peeps here. I don't need more.
So ya. My wobbly bits are on their way out!
I have to take the "before" picture soon with my trainer and not thrilled about it. However, I do love my new trainer. After firing the last one, who really only wanted to spend time with me..... he had to be let go. I'm not spending hard earned money to "stretch" with you.
I haven't decided how I'm going to write those upcoming entries. I'm sure they'll be uncensored, comical, sad, and gloriously triumphant at times! :)
At the moment, it's off to a rough start. NO ONE.. I repeat NO ONE mentioned when attempting to lose 70-85 lbs, that shit moves around! A lot! Skin becomes loose and decides to sit differently on your body. I've learned loose skin is a result of losing, too much, too soon, and not doing enough strength training! Good to know.
My doctor is on board too! Once I lose 40-45 lbs, I'll be eligible for a breast reduction! If anything, if not for my own health and general happiness, this is the drive behind it. That, and oh, the fact I hate the way I look naked! haha
I'm realistic in my goals. My body type. I always have been. I've been shapely, curvy, fat ass, since I was an athlete, and long, long, before having curves was an "in" thing.
Thank gawd for having a family full of girthy woman to drive that point home from a very early age. It's only now, 10 years after gaining the weight, that I'm suddenly no longer comfortable with my size, weight, etc.
I'm very fortunate to work with amazing women too. All previous or currently elite athletes. The company in general is excellent about practicing what they preach when it comes to having/living a balanced work/healthy lifestyle. I mean, if I have a deadline due, and they know I have a class coming up, they will more often than not.. I mean like 99% more often than not, INSIST I go to the class, and we'll just close the deadline the following morning.
Of course that is not the case during year end. During that time, the exec's will come to your desk and again INSIST you take a break, eat, or send you outside to get some air. They treat us very well. In return, no one gets burnt out, and we work hard for them. Not to mention of course they feed very, very well when we are asked to come in early, stay late, and occasionally come in on a weekend. It's a nice change. Lead by example the preach. And they do.
In other news... I had dinner with the old work wife tonight. It was a great visit. Learned I was not the only one from the lay off that was having a hard time finding work. I knew of a small handful. I was surprised to learn of others whom, I previously thought were being sought out for employment. Who knew?
Thursday, 13 June 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
so you are not going to update this one?
ReplyDeleteWell Portrait Painting, it's only been a couple days, but yes, I will be updating it as the process takes place. Sorry if you're looking for a daily update, that isn't going to happen.
ReplyDelete