Saturday, 22 May 2021

New Journey - Coming off anti-anxiety medication - Part 4

 I'm a couple weeks into reducing my anxiety medication, and I stated in my previous post, it isn't going well. 

Had a phone call with my GP and we decided not to come off it at the moment. Soooooo, I'm back at my 5mg daily. We'll touch base in a month and sort out a plan. It may be one of those things I may require forever, since I unravelled so quickly. That, and we think the plan we had was too fast too soon. 

Between my shrink and GP we've all agreed that regardless of other (suspected hormonal) side effects, coming off anxiety medication during the pandemic probably wasn't my (our) smartest move. 

The headaches are another story. Again, it suspected that it may be hormonal. The fact I begged my doctor for drugs to stop the pain, he knew I was serious. I'm hypertensive to narcotics in general, and don't care to take pills if unnecessary. 

I've been prescribed Toradol. I haven't taken it yet. I will be soon. I've spoken with a few people and all have said the side effects are not desirable, however, it's better than feeling like your head might explode. We'll see. 

Stay safe, stay healthy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...