Thursday, 21 July 2011

The Monsters Den

She went back.

I got the email an hour ago from LC (old house guest).
"things are okay. I'm moving back into the house this weekend.  Separate floors etc"

I broke down. I didn't know what else to do.  She's moving from the women's shelter she's been in for the last week or so, and into the house with the monster who has
1- closed fist punched her, bouncing her off a wall, and dislocating her jaw the first time. 2 - less than 3 weeks later, I received an email that it happened again and she's in a shelter. 

Someone please tell me why in the name of God (yes God) would she go back?
I'm surprised the shelter didn't call the ministry and have the kids placed into foster care. Sure its unfortunate they would be separated etc, but it would be the first step of breaking the cycle. She can tell the kids all she wants that "this is not how you let someone treat you" etc.. sadly, until she starts to lead by example, her girls I have no doubt will be smacked around by boyfriends in their coming years.

I'm sadly preparing myself for a future, for a life without my best friend of 24 years... Yes we have our issues, but they're back burner right now. 

It saddens me with great regret that the next time this happens, she won't get up off the ground. It will end her life.  If she's still alive by our 40th/41st birthdays, I'll be seriously surprised and will buy a lottery ticket. Morbid? Maybe. Though it will be a miracle if she survives another 2 years on this planet living in the same house as this monster.

It's hard to sit by knowing there is nothing I can do but to wait for that call. The call learning her life is over. The abuse is over. Then what? Does he move onto the kids? I even doubt he would ever physically harm them, and a despise the man. The damage he's done to them via their mum will be a lifetime of therapy already. 

All I can say is that having Ativan on hand today was a blessing.
Anyone know how much Ativan you have to take before you get a good high on?
I've told to take .5mg -1.5mg, up to three times a day as needed.  I've only taken 1mg.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why victims go back to the abuser. It has been something I have wondered about for YEARS.

    http://violenceunsilenced.com/

    interesting website- gives perspective from the victim's -- No, the ABUSED's POV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no answers to why she would go back, because a healthy person wouldn't go back. As to the Ativan, 1 mg should be good to knock you out. It normally takes me out, bad bad day 1.5mg makes me sleep, but just a word of wisdom if you are using it to sleep, a FULL full night sleep is needed, you will find it near impossible to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @S&P - ya I took 1mg about 9-10pm and another .5 before bed... felt nothing the first night.
    The second night I noticed I was sleeping better, but a mega bitch today at work. (not completely my own fault, I work with stupid people).

    .5 today when I got home to mellow out as I'm still pretty upset and wound up about LC moving back into the house.

    He only gave me 10 pills. I can see a new perscription being written, and lasting much much longer now that I know how much to take and what part of the day it works best for me.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...